The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LenHarris

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 08:07 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Have NEVER Caught A Fish In This Hole

Click the image to open in full size.

I have fished this hole for 3 years now. I have caught fish above and below this specific hole. I have NEVER had a bite in this hole.

I have had friends with that have pounded this hole.

No one can crack the code.

The last time I fished it I finally made excuses for not catching anything in there.

The guy I was with laughed.

I said maybe some worm dunkers fished it hard and that is why there are no fish in here. My friend dismissed that notion. He said it was way too remote and the weeds were not knocked down to explain that excuse.

We were walking out and my buddy said: "The only logical reason for no trout to be in that hole is because there is "ONE" huge dominant trout in that hole that eats or scares away others and is as smart as they come and only feeds nocturnally."

I like his reasoning.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have NEVER Caught A Fish In This Hole

Maybe your friend is correct, that hole sure does look fishy.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:27 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Maybe your friend is correct, that hole sure does look fishy.
another photo from this spring

before the weeds were up

Old 08-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Len: I sure like the looks of the undercut bank on the right (spring photo).

Old 08-24-2012, 10:42 AM

the potential of a big fish is there.

This trout was caught just 40 yards downstream under a downed tree and the stream there is 4 feet wide there at best.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Len: Now that is one nice Brown, congrats!

Old 08-24-2012, 12:49 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

It might be time for a deer hair mouse after dark.