The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lake Run Brown Trout Highlights from 2012 HD Video

What's done is done. All I can say is I am flat out JEALOUS!!!!!
pryal74 and captainjack like this.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just because a fish swims away does not mean it survived. Different species have different times they can be safely out of water. As little as 30 seconds of air exposure causes delayed mortality of released trout. Gar can be out for 24 hours if you keep them damp. If you take 10 seconds and shoot a tiny bit of video then back in the net in the water, get ready for the still, then I see no problem. If it was flopping around in the dirt and leaves the whole time for all of it then they may have had a problem. The Trout were awsome. Congrats on the big fish. If the Trout were out of water for all of the between Cameras and flopping in the dirt, not good.
Joni likes this.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:56 PM

pryal74 has a spectacular aura aboutpryal74 has a spectacular aura about

Dan is partially correct. But, yes these fish were unharmed. Obviously, studying Ichthyology, fish biology and as a guide I would never let anything happen to these fish. Thanks for all your concern and kind words.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryal74 View Post
Dan is partially correct. .
Which part wasn't?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 PM

I should have rephrased that. What you were saying is correct, I was trying to make reference that yes these fish were alright. No offense meant.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsten View Post
JESUS, thatīs PARADISE

Yes, it is.
pryal74 likes this.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:00 AM

nickel will become famous soon enoughnickel will become famous soon enough

I would have to think with the size of these browns they had to be played awhile to net them which causes lactic acid to build up in their muscles resulting in decreased chance of survival. Its safer if you net them lift them up snap a pic then release them. I never seen a fish swim up to the bank jump ashore flop around then jump back into the water on there own. I think they don't behave like this for reason of mortality. Safe net handling and catch & release usually involves better care and practices than letting the fish touch the ground. Anyways not raining on anyones parade and can't say i haven't let a fish hit the ground by accident so in all the fish fighting glory those were some great catches.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:52 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Awesome fish there Pryal!

*pulls out recorder* "Note to self.. Do not post pictures and fun times of fishing.. unless you want to be scrutinized for actions that others have not seen"
pryal74 and rockriver like this.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM

@ nickel. These fish were not "played". They were caught in any other manner. You're preaching to the choir here pal. You forgot to take in a few factors, oxygen levels, water temp etc. As I stated before, these fish were not harmed. I am not into destroying my favorite resource.

@ Itchmesir... you said it man. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:52 PM

nickel will become famous soon enoughnickel will become famous soon enough

What was the water temp? And were you speaking of oxygen levels in the water? I couldn't really see through that murky hue if there was any churning water from an inlet stream or not. Just kidding man! Loosen the wading belt a bit! Those fish definitely looked healthy. 7x tippet on a 2 wt right?...kidding again! Ignorance is bliss man. Enjoyed the video...way to land em! Doh!....I mean catch em! Just my opinion take it like a grain of salt.
pryal74 and itchmesir like this.