The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 10:10 PM

pryal74 has a spectacular aura aboutpryal74 has a spectacular aura about
Default Christmas come early...

Fly fishing with a good friend today... I landed the biggest Brown Trout I have ever seen come from the U.P. I feel awfully spoiled after already catching 4 of the biggest lake runs of my life already this year.
Click the image to open in full size.
jpbfly, popperfly, bradyb and 9 others like this.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Christmas come early...

Nice pig James! What did it eat??

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Nice pig James! What did it eat??

Everything!

He ate absolutely everything.
popperfly and thewalker1013 like this.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is RIDICULOUSLY HUGE BROWN! What a fish! You just keep on slamming those monsters ! Congrats man ! You do not need to go to Patagonia!
imxer likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-10-2012, 07:35 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold

Holy cow!!! What an incredibly gigantic fish! Way to go!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

James: Now that is what I call a Christmas Present! Congrats on a monster Brown Trout! I've landed some nice trout this past year, but that fish is way bigger than anything I have landed short of King Salmon.

Santa, please send me one.

Larry

Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that's a big fishCongrats
Have to disagree with AJ...it's not a pig...it's a XMas turkey
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

wow, that´s a great trout - congratulations

THORSTEN
Old 12-10-2012, 03:04 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Congratulations on one fantastic U.P. fish that I believe is still out there waiting for the next person. Just one more reason to live up here.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

That thing is huge! I'm jealous not only for the fish, but water that you can't drive on. We are frozen solid as a brick.