The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By pryal74
  • 1 Post By rockriver
  • 1 Post By captainjack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 01:01 PM

pryal74 has a spectacular aura aboutpryal74 has a spectacular aura about
Default Steelhead Highlights Video from November 2012

I guess I forgot to post this one. All this footage was shot in just a few hours. I owe all of the footage to a friend of mine, Kevin. I hope you enjoy it. Today's conditions were perfect, but cold. All of these steelhead were plus-sized for this particular tributary.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:18 PM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Steelhead Highlights Video from November 2012

Once again, fantastic video of some great U.P. fishing. Great job with the video.
pryal74 likes this.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 PM

captainjack is on a distinguished road

You definitely had a better November than I did Nice video.
pryal74 likes this.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:54 PM

Thanks rock and jack. As rock knows... it's been awful outside lately. -37 here a few days ago with the wind chill. That's insane. I will be taking it easy until mid February anyhow. I have a tendon that was torn completely off my middle finger on my casting hand. I think I would do just fine, but I have a cast on it now. I can still tie flies though, for now.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 AM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light

It's suppossed to hit 34 on Monday and 36 on Tuesday. It's time to go. Just need to figure out which river.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryal74 View Post
Thanks rock and jack. As rock knows... it's been awful outside lately. -37 here a few days ago with the wind chill. That's insane. I will be taking it easy until mid February anyhow. I have a tendon that was torn completely off my middle finger on my casting hand. I think I would do just fine, but I have a cast on it now. I can still tie flies though, for now.
James: Great work on the video as always! Sorry to hear about torn tendon, best of luck with the healing process. Boy you guys have been in the Ice Box for some time, out here in WY it was pretty frigid there for awhile but has warmed into the low 30's, we sure could use some snow though. This winter is looking like a repeat of last year, I sure hope it turns around.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:14 AM

Thanks Mcnerney. I don't mind it so much. I will be back to normal in no time. Yeah, it's been colder than normal this year. I hope you get some warmer weather soon as well. I can still cast a fly rod and mend so maybe I'll be back out there sooner than I thought.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:36 PM

pkins44 will become famous soon enoughpkins44 will become famous soon enough

Awesome video! I always like seeing what you are up to up there. Keep it up and heal quickly.

http://www.dupageriverflyfishing.com
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! ! Another great video! It may be cold but seeing fishing like that warms me up! Looking foward to the next! Heal quick and get fishing ! More great stuff from the UP!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser