The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes Region (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/great-lakes-region/)
-   -   Two Days In The Alley (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/great-lakes-region/316222-two-days-alley.html)

pryal74 04-10-2013 01:44 PM

Two Days In The Alley

I took a trip down to fly fish the famous Steelhead Alley with a few friends. The trip was cut short to 2 days. Still, we managed to get some decent footage... enough to make a short music video anyway. I hope you enjoy it.

It has been a long winter in the U.P. this year. It was nice to escape to somewhere not covered in 3 feet of snow and get back into some slob trout.

ghocevar 04-10-2013 06:35 PM

Re: Two Days In The Alley

Good stuff down this way!...don't tell too many people!

pryal74 04-13-2013 08:45 AM

I think everyone already knows all about that area. BUT, like all places I visit... I do not name rivers, streams or creeks. It was a great time and I enjoyed meeting all the other fly fishing I had been talking to for a few years before making it down there.

pkins44 04-13-2013 08:54 AM

Great video Pyral, as always.

grundy 04-13-2013 02:18 PM

Great video. Who is the band/singer?

Thanks,

Brian

ted4887 04-13-2013 09:08 PM

Eddie Vedder - Society. It's off of the Into the Wild movie soundtrack. The whole soundtrack to that movie is worth a download on iTunes, IMO.

Nice Video

Hardyreels 04-13-2013 10:34 PM

Nice job taking care with the fish, Its been a long time since I saw that place. I used to go out there every March to fish, those were good times. Although the shiny new fish are sought after I always loved the colors in those males who had came in the previous fall.

The spring fish are coming here and the fall run are in the rivers also. The weather has just been a bit too inclement for me to go. We're on a warming trend again and maybe this one will hold, it's still reaching down to 0 at night and highs are around 31 - 32 degrees today.

Nice video,

Ard

williamhj 04-13-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ted4887 (Post 546723)
Eddie Vedder - Society. It's off of the Into the Wild movie soundtrack. The whole soundtrack to that movie is worth a download on iTunes, IMO.

Nice Video

Great album. Listened to it in the car today, unfortunately not on the way to the river. Nice video :)

jaybo41 04-15-2013 08:51 PM

Great video pryal, thanks for sharing. I have yet to venture into Ohio and your video reminds me why I need to give it a shot. Looks like you guys had a great trip and some nice days on the water.

pryal74 05-14-2013 09:29 AM

Thanks again guys. Like I was saying, I wish we had more time to spend there. Everyone I met was extremely kind and a pleasure to fish with. I couldn't believe the fishing. My first two casts I landed 2 Steelhead. Incredible.

I am going to try and get down there every Spring now.