The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By pryal74
  • 1 Post By ghocevar
  • 1 Post By pryal74
  • 1 Post By pkins44
  • 1 Post By grundy
  • 1 Post By ted4887
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By williamhj
  • 1 Post By jaybo41

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 01:44 PM

pryal74 has a spectacular aura aboutpryal74 has a spectacular aura about
Default Two Days In The Alley

I took a trip down to fly fish the famous Steelhead Alley with a few friends. The trip was cut short to 2 days. Still, we managed to get some decent footage... enough to make a short music video anyway. I hope you enjoy it.

It has been a long winter in the U.P. this year. It was nice to escape to somewhere not covered in 3 feet of snow and get back into some slob trout.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:35 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Two Days In The Alley

Good stuff down this way!...don't tell too many people!
pryal74 likes this.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:45 AM

I think everyone already knows all about that area. BUT, like all places I visit... I do not name rivers, streams or creeks. It was a great time and I enjoyed meeting all the other fly fishing I had been talking to for a few years before making it down there.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:54 AM

pkins44 will become famous soon enoughpkins44 will become famous soon enough

Great video Pyral, as always.
pryal74 likes this.

http://www.dupageriverflyfishing.com
Old 04-13-2013, 02:18 PM

grundy is on a distinguished road

Great video. Who is the band/singer?

Thanks,

Brian
pryal74 likes this.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:08 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Eddie Vedder - Society. It's off of the Into the Wild movie soundtrack. The whole soundtrack to that movie is worth a download on iTunes, IMO.

Nice Video
pryal74 likes this.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Nice job taking care with the fish, Its been a long time since I saw that place. I used to go out there every March to fish, those were good times. Although the shiny new fish are sought after I always loved the colors in those males who had came in the previous fall.

The spring fish are coming here and the fall run are in the rivers also. The weather has just been a bit too inclement for me to go. We're on a warming trend again and maybe this one will hold, it's still reaching down to 0 at night and highs are around 31 - 32 degrees today.

Nice video,

Ard
pryal74 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-13-2013, 10:42 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
Eddie Vedder - Society. It's off of the Into the Wild movie soundtrack. The whole soundtrack to that movie is worth a download on iTunes, IMO.

Nice Video
Great album. Listened to it in the car today, unfortunately not on the way to the river. Nice video
pryal74 likes this.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Two Days In The Alley

Great video pryal, thanks for sharing. I have yet to venture into Ohio and your video reminds me why I need to give it a shot. Looks like you guys had a great trip and some nice days on the water.
pryal74 likes this.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:29 AM

Thanks again guys. Like I was saying, I wish we had more time to spend there. Everyone I met was extremely kind and a pleasure to fish with. I couldn't believe the fishing. My first two casts I landed 2 Steelhead. Incredible.

I am going to try and get down there every Spring now.