The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By smallieman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 09:12 PM

smallieman will become famous soon enoughsmallieman will become famous soon enough
Default My driftless trip

So here is a tease I will have a full video and slide show up here soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 AM

chechem has a spectacular aura aboutchechem has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My driftless trip

Excellent. Where was that?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:56 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

More importantly, is that a South Bend Bamboo that you were fishing? I was thinking of taking one of my Grangers (8.5' OR 8') 5wt when I go there later this month. How did the rod fare in the wind?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:49 PM

smallieman will become famous soon enoughsmallieman will become famous soon enough

Its a 6'6 bamboo no name and no one can tell me about it Click the image to open in full size.. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Its cast amazing

Old 05-07-2013, 11:27 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

Can't wait to see more. I recently purchased my first bamboo rod.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticm View Post
More importantly, is that a South Bend Bamboo that you were fishing? I was thinking of taking one of my Grangers (8.5' OR 8') 5wt when I go there later this month. How did the rod fare in the wind?

One thing that's really nice about many sections of the Driftless is that although it is often windy, it is also very sheltered by valleys heading in different directions. Even if it is really windy, you should never have a problem finding a fishable stream out of the wind. Bring the Boo
Old 05-08-2013, 07:42 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Ted is 100% correct... I've been out on days when it's been 20+ mph gusts and could barely tell the wind was blowing...
Old 05-08-2013, 07:45 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
One thing that's really nice about many sections of the Driftless is that although it is often windy, it is also very sheltered by valleys heading in different directions. Even if it is really windy, you should never have a problem finding a fishable stream out of the wind. Bring the Boo
Thanks Ted, Will take the 8 footer then....can't wait to feel the head shake of wild brownie on the rod