The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By pryal74
  • 1 Post By mbchilton
  • 1 Post By rockriver
  • 2 Post By theboz
  • 1 Post By CutThroat Leaders
  • 1 Post By pryal74
  • 1 Post By captainjack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 01:14 PM

pryal74 has a spectacular aura aboutpryal74 has a spectacular aura about
Default Upper Peninsula Brook Trout 2013

I hope everyone is having a great season on the fly. I have been busy beyond belief, but manage to get out on a regular basis. I used to fish 250-300 days a year, but now it's down to under 200. I know, I know... poor, poor me! Haha! I wanted to share a video I took of 2 days of native Brook Trout fly fishing highlights and a picture of my largest Brook Trout of my life. This is a monster male almost 18 inches in length with some real girth. I made this video BEFORE I landed this guy, but there's amazing footage nonetheless. I hope you enjoy it and tight lines!

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:38 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Upper Peninsula Brook Trout 2013

Incredible fish! Congrats.
pryal74 likes this.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:39 PM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light

Only in the U.P. We have some great fishing; but, the better the fishing gets, the worse the bugs get. Ticks are horrible this year, but they are basically harmless. Nice fish Jim.
pryal74 likes this.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:21 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Terrific! So glad you had your girl in it again it always reminds me of my 3 when they were small and doing the same. She is so poised Im sure you are very proud! You will always have someone special to fish with!
I know my 25 yr old just invited me down to her beach house to fly fish the surf with her! SO glad I brought her along back when she was small!
pryal74 and williamhj like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Great Vid,
You got some good looking fish on that outing. I also love the idea that you had your daughter with you. I bring my son often (7yrs), my little girl is now 5 which means she can start casting a fly rod this season. Thanks for sharing.
pryal74 likes this.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 07-10-2013, 09:57 AM

pryal74 has a spectacular aura aboutpryal74 has a spectacular aura about

@mbchilton... thanks!

@ Rockriver... yeah the deer flies and mosquitoes were horrendous, but the fishing was fantastic. Thanks as well.

@theboz... that is such a terrific story. I hope someday my daughter and I will still be fly fishing together. That really warmed my heart to read your response.

@Cutthroat Leaders.... that's also great to hear! I love seeing parents taking kids out fishing. My daughter loves to fly fish, I'm sure yours will too.
theboz likes this.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:50 PM

captainjack is on a distinguished road

Sweet. Mother. Of. God. NICE Brookie.
pryal74 likes this.