The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By littledavid123

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 05:57 PM

rustydog32 is on a distinguished road
Default looking to plan a salmon fishing trip next season looking for a partner

I am planning on taking a trip next fall for Kings and silvers. I don't have a specific place in mind just looking for some information. I will be taking my whitewater raft which is a AIRE Super Puma set up for one person rowing and 2 fishing. If anyone needs a fishing partner let me know I am planning on fishing for about a week. I am very experienced and just looking to find a place that I can access that is not elbow to elbow with other people.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:32 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking to plan a salmon fishing trip next season looking for a partner

Rustydog, it may be hard or maybe not to find someone to partner with you on the trip until forum members get to know you a little better. Of course this in only a suggestion, would suggest you continue to contribute to the forum and in time as members learn more about you I would repost this thread.

Good Luck...

Dave
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:00 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: looking to plan a salmon fishing trip next season looking for a partner

Sounds like you are going to have to make arrangements to have someone spot your car. If you don't have someone with you driving a second car, there are folks who will do that for a fee on many rivers, at least here in Michigan.

If push comes to shove, you could fish by yourself, use your boat to get where you want to fish, then get out and wade or fish from your anchored boat.

At least here in Michigan, it's not so tough to find a spot, it's just figuring out which river/stretch you'd like to fish.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo
Old 12-09-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszy22 View Post
Sounds like you are going to have to make arrangements to have someone spot your car. If you don't have someone with you driving a second car, there are folks who will do that for a fee on many rivers, at least here in Michigan.

If push comes to shove, you could fish by yourself, use your boat to get where you want to fish, then get out and wade or fish from your anchored boat.

At least here in Michigan, it's not so tough to find a spot, it's just figuring out which river/stretch you'd like to fish.
Finding a way back to the vehicle is the least of my worries. On a river that there are many floats on at all there is usually someone you can call for a shuttle. I don't mind to fish by myself at all but I thought someone local might benefit and enjoy the access of a boat as well.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:33 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustydog32 View Post
Finding a way back to the vehicle is the least of my worries. On a river that there are many floats on at all there is usually someone you can call for a shuttle. I don't mind to fish by myself at all but I thought someone local might benefit and enjoy the access of a boat as well.
Sounds like you understand the routine.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo
Old 12-09-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszy22 View Post
Sounds like you understand the routine.
I definitely do I spend roughly 200 plus days a year on the water ... Just looking to take a little time off this year and explore something new. Thank you all for the info.