The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 09:22 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold
Default Hang on to your hats Northern Wisconsin!

12-15" of snow forecast up toward Hayward! Havent we had enough?????
ted4887 likes this.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hang on to your hats Northern Wisconsin!

Wow, will this winter ever give up!

Larry
jbird likes this.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:29 PM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of

Blame Ted :P
ted4887 likes this.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:51 PM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

It will be good for the lake levels. Just kidding, a foot+ of snow in April is just wrong. 40F in Alaska again today. I don't get it.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:31 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

I swear I didn't try to bring this stuff with me. But seeing as I've been here in Hayward for less than 2 weeks I think I might be bad luck.

I wonder how bad the mosquitos and black flies are going to be. Will there be less because of the extremely harsh winter, or more because of the surplus of water that we will surely have? Based on the way this winter has gone I'll just assume that we'll see biblical hatches of mosquitos and black flies.

I'm going back into hibernation until June. See you then
Old 04-02-2014, 10:43 PM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
Based on the way this winter has gone I'll just assume that we'll see biblical hatches of mosquitos and black flies
Thought that's what we witnessed last year floating down the chip.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:12 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

True. I still have blood stains on my shirts from the black flies biting through them. I think I even have scars.
itchmesir likes this.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:07 PM

stillwading will become famous soon enoughstillwading will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
I swear I didn't try to bring this stuff with me. But seeing as I've been here in Hayward for less than 2 weeks I think I might be bad luck.

I wonder how bad the mosquitos and black flies are going to be. Will there be less because of the extremely harsh winter, or more because of the surplus of water that we will surely have? Based on the way this winter has gone I'll just assume that we'll see biblical hatches of mosquitos and black flies.

I'm going back into hibernation until June. See you then
Sadly I think you're right about the biblical hatches - at least the mosquitoes. Though at least mosquitoes don't like deet. I haven't found anything that really deters the horse/deer flies. Eugh... those things are nasty.

Sounds like there's still 2+ feet of snow up at the cabin, and y'all are about to get smoked again today.... over a foot?

Ouch. Good luck man. I guess if it comes down to it you could always attach some runners to your drift boat and make it a sleigh.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:53 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

The last few days up here have been winter at it's worst. Today, it hit 58 and has dropped to 55. Not bad, but it need to slow down to stop a lot of flooding. Lake Superior, out front, still is buried under a few feet of ice except at the river's mouth a few hundred feet from here. It shows signs of opening.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:58 PM

Was mid 60s today here in southern Minnesota... Sure is nice