The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 11:50 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default What would you ask him?

What would you ask him?

If you had the opportunity to fish with Retired Coach Bob Knight?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you ask him?

I would ask him to tell me about his friendships with Jerry Mcinnis, and the late great Ted Williams.
What great friendship and admiration they had for each another.

I would imagine he has many, many great fishin stories of their adventures together,
Seen them all together on a few fishing shows, they all just seemed to click and bounce off each other, having too much fun for ornery old men to have.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Wow, great topic for consideration.

I'd probably want him to describe what type of fishing he likes best to get perspective on how he approach to that situation is/isn't similar to his basketball personality as I know it. I'm curious to know whether he approaches fishing situations with similar intensity, or more as a way to get away from the intensity of his other (now former) job.

I've never been destructive in a fishing situation, but the last time I was out I hooked the same LARGE carp twice, and the second time it broke free I easily could have reacted in a bobbyknightly fashion.

Considering that, I don't think I'd want to guide him on a Tarpon trip.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis

Probably if he would mind if I went up around the bend and fished alone.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:55 PM

bonefish41 will become famous soon enough

Curtis and Clifford:
You have the right tack...not much difference...I would add...the wild game bird population and wild water fowl population in Indiana are appreciative that the great state of texas sought his presence there...
Old 03-10-2008, 08:43 PM

Bob Lang will become famous soon enoughBob Lang will become famous soon enough

I fish to relax, not to get all bent out of shape. After my plebe year, he was out coach then, I have no further need to be in his presence. If he's fishing Texas, I'll stay in Oklahoma.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:29 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

I'd ask him if he planned to throw a chair at me if released a 6lb trout.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:34 AM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

I am a sports nut, i would love to fish with bobby knight for a day and would have way too many questions to ask him, to type them all out.

If i fished with him today, i would wonder be asking him about ncaa 64 sleepers for the tourney. Got to win my bracket.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:44 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

The first 3 times I went with him we had long times to fish..

this time he will be turkey hunting first and then when he has time we will trout fish.

Turkey hunting is his new passion and trout take second place now.

Len
Old 03-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Hey, save some feathers from his birds and I'll find something to swap you for them. I'd kinda like to tie up some nymphs/caddis using materials Coach Knight harvested.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.