The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 PM

smallieman will become famous soon enoughsmallieman will become famous soon enough
Default Rock Creek FLY TIME!!

Today I got out and spent the day at Rock Creek at one of my access spots. Today the creek was perfect. I started the day out at 7am and fished to 1pm. I was out with my new 3wt fly rod and I was using a fly I tied called a Copper Johnny. The fish I picked up today were Common Shinners, Redhorses, Chubs, Suckers, Smallies and Suckers and a Few Bluegill. The fish were endless. I must have caught over 100 fish today but most of them were what you guys call bait size but never the less still fun on a 3wt. The smallies were what I caught the most today all ranging from 2 inches to 16 inches and its pretty amazing that a 16 inch smallie would eat a size 14 hook. But I hope you enjoy the photos not many my camera did die but here is what I got before I went. Oh also I was accused of trespassing again from this clown that owns some boys camp and he called the police he told me. I said I will wait for them to get in their canoe and give me a ticket. They never showed and he sat on his chair on the side of the creek to see if I went on the banks because he said he can shoot me then. I fished that area for an hour while he sat there and got bored and creeped out so I made my way back to the car. Thought I share……

Till next time friends.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rock Creek FLY TIME!!

Looks like you had quite a day on Rock Creek, congrats! That sure looks like a nice stream.

Larry
Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Is that fish pooping out a whole crawdad?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 AM

smallieman will become famous soon enoughsmallieman will become famous soon enough

yep it is it was a sight to see
Old 08-18-2010, 09:26 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Nice report Smallieman, it's a shame you have to deal with whackjobs like that.

Dan
Old 09-11-2010, 10:46 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallieman View Post
I must have caught over 100 fish today but most of them were what you guys call bait size but never the less still fun on a 3wt]
Don't worry, I'm stuck in the same region, and will post a few picks to take the bait pressure off of you.

I think your doing pretty well, I've seen your pics on various forums and you always find nice fish.

Last edited by charged; 09-12-2010 at 10:53 AM.