The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 07:56 PM

coot is on a distinguished road
Default NE Ohio steelhead

We need some rain....and the steelhead fishing will start......four months of FUN !
Old 09-30-2010, 08:01 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: NE Ohio steelhead

I'm hitting the Rock tomorrow if anyone wants to join up they're more than welcome. I'll be behind the dog park at dawnish in a green chreokee.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:07 AM

coot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I'm hitting the Rock tomorrow if anyone wants to join up they're more than welcome. I'll be behind the dog park at dawnish in a green chreokee.
I wish I has seen this earlier....I'm always looking for someone to fish with.

jklingenstein7@gmail.com is the easiest way to reach me
Old 10-12-2010, 12:28 PM

xxpinballxx is on a distinguished road

I was thinking of hitting Rocky at the Emerald Necklace at dawn...Im new to fly fishing and steelhead fishing. Can't wait to lock on to my first chrome monster!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:31 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

You might luck out and hit some but the pressure is on them big time and the flows are terrible!!! Orange eggs seemed to be the fly dejoure last friday. It should be crystal clear and lower than all hell. I'll be staying away from the tribs west of Ashtabulah till we really get a good deluge. The Grand has some fish but its the same story although the flow might still be worthwhile, the Conney is the best bet even with the low flows it gets Pa and Oh fish so there are numbers there. Only problem is theres roughly 200 rods for every one fish!!!