The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 11:36 AM

eaglesfn68 is on a distinguished road
Default help with trip to wisconsin

hey guys, i want to take a trip to Wisconsin to do some trout fishing. It'll cost me about 1200 dollars for plane, hotel, rental car. What is a good time to go and what are some good streams to fish.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:05 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: help with trip to wisconsin

small stream closed until March
where in wisconsin
Old 11-01-2008, 06:19 AM

i know the streams are closed its not for now is for when the weather gets warmer

i dont care were in wisconsin. i would be nice to be by green bay so i could visit the stadium but it really doesnt matter. wherever the fish are.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:33 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

The Brule in NW Wisconsin is unbelievable for trout. If you really want to try something fun throw some big flies at some muskies and see what you can get.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:54 PM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough

Hmmmm, why Wisconcin.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:21 PM

why not whats wrong with wisconsin. I could go to montana or idaho but those places are farther out west from pennsylvania and would cost me some more $$$$$. and wisconsin does have some great streams. i've always wanted to fish one of those farms streams and wisconsin has a lot of them.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:53 AM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough

Nothing wrong with Wisconsin, just not a destination I hear many talk about when putting together a trout fishing trip, just wondered what I was missing.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:51 PM

thirdyearff is on a distinguished road

Eagles,

It'll be worth your effort.

May, June or September. I would concentrate my efforts in the SW part of the state in and around the Fennimore or Viroqua areas.

Contact this shop (at least for Viroqua)...he's a Michigan boy and he'll give you the straight scoop.

Driftless Angler Fly Shop and Guide Service, Full Service Flyfishing Shop and Guided Fly Fishing Trips in the Driftless Area of Southwest Wisconsin

If you want a peek at a couple of those "farm creeks" in action...

Third Year Fly Fisher | Video

Good luck and enjoy Wisconsins beautiful spring creeks!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:14 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

southwestern wisconsin is loaded with trout. If you need a guide.....you are short on time.....this is the ONLY reason I would hire a guide in SW Wisconsin.
Vernon/Crawford/Grant/Richland counties are loaded with trout.

Len
Old 01-01-2009, 12:18 AM

Driftless angler fly shop is the best shop in the area. Mat will take good care of you if you need a guide. Take a look at my blog and don't be bashful....ask me some questions.

The Stream Of Time: Bad Axe Vernon County

Check all links of my blog.

Len