The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 05:59 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Tom Helgeson passes

Click the image to open in full size.
Midwest Fly Fishing Online Index

EDITOR/PUBLISHER Tom Helgeson has been a professional journalist and editor for the past 35 years. He founded Midwest Fly Fishing magazine in 1994. Helgeson grew up in Redwood Falls, Minn., where he learned to appreciate life in the outdoors. He regularly fly fishes the rivers and streams of west central Wisconsin and southeastern Minnesota for trout and smallmouth. He has fly fished in Alaska each summer for more than 20 years and currently sponsors a trip to Kodiak Island for fall-run steelhead. Each spring he fly fishes for tarpon in the Florida Keys; occasionally he catches one.

Tom lost his battle with cancer yesterday.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:50 PM

wetieit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tom Helgeson passes

In my opinion, Tom did more to help anglers from all over the world come to know and appreciate the wonderful fly fishing opportunities in the Midwest than any other individual. He was a friend to all and always willing to listen and help out.

Happy Fishing Tom, You are already missed,

Bill Sherer
Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 PM

chicagojohn will become famous soon enoughchicagojohn will become famous soon enough

What is the state of the Great Waters Expo since Tom's passing? The expo was one of the events that initially got me involved the sport. Has anyone attempted to carry on this great event in memory of Tom?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:11 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

What is the stats on Midwest Flyfishing, is it still in business?

Dan
Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 PM

arkman is on a distinguished road

I haven't really heard for sure what is going on but it does sound like the Fly Fishing Expo Tom put on is being continued by his kids. Sounds like its the beginning of April.

I'm glad to hear, I never made it to the show when he was around. Sounds like he was a great guy, I wish I could have known him.