The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 12:22 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Wisconsin Phases Out Trout Stamp Competition

Wisconsin Trout and Salmon Stamp Design Contests - WDNR
I just heard that the WDNR has phased out the yearly Trout Stamp Competition for 2011. Is this true with the other stamps?

My dad use to collect the old stamps and have them in a shadow box.

They were always beautiful.

You will still need to purchase the stamp for trout but it just isn't going to be the same. All it will be now is a computer generated notation on your license.

The trout regulations pamphlet typically has the trout stamp winner on the cover.

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/regulations/2...0-11LowRes.pdf
Old 11-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wisconsin Phases Out Trout Stamp Competition

Len: Sounds like a cost cutting move, sad to see things like this go by the wayside!

Old 11-20-2010, 09:05 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

If I remember right N.J. used to have pretty cool stamps and they have done away with them, switching to the pc printouts. Unfortunately here in Ohio there is no stamp.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:11 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a shame. I used to look forward to the trout stamps the PA Fish & Boat Commission put out as well. Sadly, they phased out the program in 2006 and went to a print generated by the issuing agent, or online much similar to what you have in WI. Unfortunately, as part of our regulations,we still have to have our licenses visable. Don't think that's the case in WI?
Old 11-28-2010, 05:25 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

submitted 30 photos to the state to consider for the cover of the trout regulations.
They picked one of mine. It is at the printer.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:00 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

When I was a judge a couple years back for one of the trout stamp competition ,
I was told by WDNR employees that the Trout Stamp Contest would be phased
out.

I left my name/number and email address and told them if they wanted to use any of my photos for the cover
of the Trout Fishing Rules Pamphlet they should contact me . They contacted me three weeks ago. The 2011/2012 cover of
the Wisconsin Trout Regulations Pamphlet will have one of my photos gracing it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10024066/Tro...%20%5B1%5D.pdf