The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:46 PM

driftlessman is on a distinguished road
Default Conservation Management.

I am working on an inquirey based question/ project for my conservation management class. I would like to ask if there's any idea's from people who frequent the Driftless streams of SW Wisconsin, or NE Iowa. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Conservation Management.

Hi Driftless,

Take a minute to do a New Member Introduction and you will send up a flare to the group. Tell them about where you are and what you fish for and refer to your class so people can zero in on your questions. I am far from your area but will offer you a welcome to the group from here.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-04-2011, 12:41 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Driftlessman please check in.

What exactly is it you would like to know - or what kind of questions would you like to get - from people familiar with the Driftless Area?

AusableBrown: Touche duly noted.
Very truly yours from the third floor asylum window,
Gary
Old 01-04-2011, 04:29 PM

driftlessman is on a distinguished road

Well I guess what I wanted to know was what others might want to know, if that makes any sence. More of a research project on studies done by others, then taking that and drawing a final conclusion to the question. I'll throw out a little "corny", example question: What are differences in population of trout living in a normal.. say five a day limit stream, vs. the population in a strictly catch and release stream? Does this help any?
Old 01-04-2011, 04:52 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

If I get it right - and I can be a little thick - if people have questions about trout management in the Driftless areas, you would do a literature review on the topic, the object of which would be to bring to light the results of research into that question.

If that's the case, you'll learn a great deal on several levels, and hopefully come up with conclusions that suggest an answer to questions raised here that will also be very helpful.

Remember one thing (and I think this is the only important thing I learned in 14 years of college): correlation does not imply cause and effect.

Thanks for putting up with me, I can be a little "much" at times, but I was just trying to help. LOL, here it comes: someday you'll thank me.

good luck and I hope you get some good questions.

Ard -since I apparently singlehandedly made this thread go so sideways, should he restart the thread?Gary
Old 01-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi driftlessman,

I am sorry your thread got side tracked. I think I have it back on track now.

Hi Everyone,

A few post were deleted not because they were bad post but just not about the subject. Please lets see if we can help driftlessman,

Frank
Old 01-04-2011, 09:57 PM

Ard - please check your pm.
Was good getting to know you and this forum, however briefly.
Gary