The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 03:49 AM

pryal74 has a spectacular aura aboutpryal74 has a spectacular aura about
Default Winter Steelhead on the "Stink"

12/29/10 Fished on an Upper Peninsula river. I caught two absolutely stunning chrome Steelhead. One was in the 5 pound range and the second was only a skipper, but beautiful all the same. Both fish took the same small minnow pattern bouncing along the bottom on the swing. Even in the frigid waters, these Steelhead have an awfully strong run and a decent amount of vigor. I had an amazing bout with both fish! My blood was pumping so much, I didn't notice my cold fingers after landing these beauties. Happy New Year from all of us at Into The Wild Fly Fishing! You can see all of our fishing reports on our website. Take care and be safe out there on the ice and on the water.

Last edited by pryal74; 02-06-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter Steelhead on the "Stink"

Congrats on the nice looking steelies! Loved the "Yooper Drift boat", that was a good laugh!

Larry

Old 01-19-2011, 01:10 AM

pryal74 has a spectacular aura aboutpryal74 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Winter Steelhead on the "Stink"

Thanks. Chris stood on the ice mass and almost took a header into the drink. We had a good chuckle over that. If I have more time I can post alot more reports from 2010 and current ones from this year. Thanks again!