The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Guides and outfittters offering tuition and guiding services

Guides and outfittters offering tuition and guiding services For Pro Members to promote fishing in the US and worldwide plus tuition and guiding services.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default If You Could Take a Spur Of The Moment Trip;

Now would be the time to use any airline mile plans if you've thought of fishing rainbows & grayling in South Central Alaska.

We are having an extended fall here, the leaves have not came down and the rivers are just now shaping up. Within days or a week at most the trout will be dropping down toward the big water and the fishing will only get better up until the ice comes.

These trout are not like the resident fish where you are at. They are extreme migrants following the various species of salmon to their spawning areas to feed on salmon eggs and then on the flesh of the dead salmon. By the time they are dropping down they are as fat as their bodies will allow and ready for the long winter under the ice. For me, now is the time to try for the fish of a lifetime. I haven't got it yet and actually hope I never do but hope springs eternal and every cast could be the one.

There are a couple negatives to consider before hitting the 'Pay Now' button on Orbitz. It will get colder. The days will get shorter, right now about 5 minutes 45 seconds every day. And of course there's always the chance of weather that may either take away some of the fun or rains that can blow out the rivers & creeks. But right now it is looking like I have perhaps 2 - 3 weeks left to fish them and I'll be doing just that.

If you think you might like to risk it, let me know.

Ard

Click the image to open in full size.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If You Could Take a Spur Of The Moment Trip;

Ard, ol' Buddy, if there was any way to be there I would.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 09-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: If You Could Take a Spur Of The Moment Trip;

I've been home putzing around today but it was 50* and partly sunny.................

I dressed my lines and made some articulated flesh flies for next week. I'll still be swinging some Jock O' Dee and other classics for the fall species but I'm tossing the Sculpin and flesh patterns for trout.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;