The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Guides and outfittters offering tuition and guiding services

Guides and outfittters offering tuition and guiding services For Pro Members to promote fishing in the US and worldwide plus tuition and guiding services.

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something New Is Coming;

Ard,you may know I visit your site from time to time...and enjoy it.Last week I thought it would be a good idea if there was a litlle paragraph in french in your intro...could do that for you
Old 12-02-2013, 06:46 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Something New Is Coming;

Contests are fun! Thanks for sponsoring one Ard!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:48 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Ard,

This is a great idea. I'll play. I've been hitting your site recently, and will be sure to do so more frequently. Alaska's on the list, so it's only a matter of time before I wander up there and visit you. I have no need to come home with coolers full of meat, so your style is right up my alley. When I head up there, yours is the first phone call I will make.

-Eric
Old 12-10-2013, 06:48 PM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

Great site Ard. I will make it a habit to visit weekly. I really like the blogs. I am going to try writing a few my self after the holidays. I really like the idea of the game. I don't think participation will be a problem. Have a great evening buddy.
Glen

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 12-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Update;

I am waiting for the items that will be at the heart of this thing to arrive. Once they do I will pick something to start off with and photograph it and do a brief write up about the prize up for grabs.

Then we'll get it going. I am wondering if I should have a cut off number on the thread like 100 members making just 1 'one' post to enter?

Like a raffle ticket your post number is the thing that will identify who posted it when the number is selected.

If the thread were to run until it had 300 entries that lessons your odds of winning.

Another consideration would be that when you win, you must sit the next drawing out.

I am not sure whether I will do the entries by a count or just leave a thread up for a week and see how many put their name in the hat?

No worries yet because the goods are not here at this time.

The give away will also have a theme, some members will need the items much more than others. What I mean is that some things will be targeted toward those new to the sport while others for experienced anglers.
mcnerney likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-11-2013, 01:47 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Select two items that only a new member (two squares by name or something like that) can win, one is nice and the other is a "bad santa" gift. Let all members play and each member must cast a "like" vote for both a senior and a new member. If the senior gets the most votes the noob gets the "bad santa" gift. The nice gift goes back into the pot again.

Or the noobies play the game and the seniors vote the winner with most likes.

Dave
Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Dave,

This wasn't a Christmas thing, and if things don't arrive soon it may be a New Year startup anyway.

What I have ordered are some items that people new to fly fishing or tying will need & want as well as a few things that a new person may not know what to do with.......

So some drawings will have the new guy slant and others the rest of the membership.

Big hint here, I have long suggested the book Fly Fishing by Tom McNally, to help people really get a good start at fly fishing. The book will never be obsolete and I managed to find several copies in like new condition. Anyone can win, but it would be a shame for someone who considers themselves an advanced fisherman to play for that prize........

Just say'en, I wanted to try giving people a good start and we have a whole bunch of first & second year folks here at this time. I fly fished for ten solid years without having a clue what I should be doing until I bought the book and read it, so I've always thought it can transform others as well. There are items other than books but there are quite a few books going to be in the mail to winners...........
mridenour likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-11-2013, 07:16 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

I have visited your site. I've already made up my mind that I will for sure get to fish with you in Alaska. I'll visit your site more often. It makes me want to go back to Alaska even more than I already do!

The contest is a great idea. People just love free stuff.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:07 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Just reading through the "Let's check our fly boxes" blog post and those are some beautiful flies. Would be a blast to fish flies like that.