The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Guides and outfittters offering tuition and guiding services

Guides and outfittters offering tuition and guiding services For Pro Members to promote fishing in the US and worldwide plus tuition and guiding services.

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Something New Is Coming;

You guys know I don't post much about this guiding thing but the truth is that if I don't ever do anything to promote at least some web site visits I'm wasting my business membership here. So................

As soon as some items I have ordered arrive I am going to do a Monthly Contest that will be sponsored by Life On The Line Fishing

This will not be a caption contest and as I'm ready to kick it off I'll post an easy thread to understand how the winner will be determined. I hope this will ad to the overall enjoyment members get from using the forum.

By the way, I have added a ton of new material to my own web site which is linked on my signature here, the blog especially I could really use some web traffic because that is what helps people find my site. The more visits that it gets the higher it ranks on search results when someone searches "Alaska Fly Fishing Guide" or similar.

I appreciate your support in getting the site recognized by the world. Now go on and click the Link

Here is the way I think this game will work;

I have a bunch of items ordered, not exactly big ticket items but the kind that I gather members can use. You would be amazed at what you can learn about a group by reading posts

So, when I am ready to start this we will have a thread with pictures and description of an item. Then anyone interested in it can post to that thread 'one' (1), time. You don't have to say much, just enough to register as a post. Depending on how fast the post count goes the contest / game may only last a week to keep odds good for all who enter.

At the end of the time limit on the thread I will close it. Then if there are 357 posts on the thread I will have Nancy choose a number between 1 and 357.

That post will be the winner, pretty much an on-line drawing sort of game. Pure luck in this one, no need to be clever but the one entry per member thing will be an honor based thing because I really don't want to know who has entered the drawing so I will not view the thread.

That doesn't mean I won't ask another moderator to scan through to be sure someone doesn't try to stuff the box so to say

Sounds fair huh? I like it and it'll be fun to see how the members respond.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 12-01-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:33 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Something New Is Coming;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
You guys know I don't post much about this guiding thing but the truth is that if I don't ever do anything to promote at least some web site visits I'm wasting my business membership here. So................

Ard
You are exactly right Ard. As a moderator you appear to make an overly conscious effort to ensure you are never perceived as abusing it for personal gain. Wondering if I am the only one who read hundreds of your posts before I even realized you were a guide for hire?

Find the middle ground Ard. You pay for a business membership and should be allowed to benefit from your financial support and countless donated hours you give this forum.
christianfishn likes this.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:45 PM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about

I just checked out your website and must say I'm very impressed! Well done! If I ever get the opportunity to venture to Alaska, which is a dream of mine, I'll be sure to contact you. Heck Christmas is coming up, I'll see what Santa has to say!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks fellows,

Right now web traffic is valuable to me because it helps my little site to become prevalent on searches.

But the contest thing will be fun anyway
jaybo41 likes this.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard

I also just went over to your web site, very nice indeed! Congrats on all the hard work that must have taken to put together.

Larry

Old 12-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Hi Larry,

Did you read the blog post 'Tracking The King'. I will be doing a version for the forum blog also but put it up on my site first.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:04 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

I really like the feel of your website Ard, it looks very fresh and current in design! Looks like your hard work on it is paying off. Here's hoping for an improved 2014 for your guiding business. I'll keep giving the page a bump when I can think of it
Old 12-01-2013, 08:16 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Great web site as always, Ard. Just what we would expect. Your time spent here as a moderator is well appreciated by all you come in contact with on the forum. I'm sure we all realize you also have to make a living. Sometimes when you have two irons in the fire, it's difficult to be fair to yourself, for fear of being viewed as taking advantage. Don't fall into that trap. You are a business member and should be able to exercise all the privileges of any other business on the forum. Your fairminded actions are above reproach, but don't shortchange yourself.
Up coming event , monthly contest ???… You know me, I'LL PLAY !
Hardyreels and ia_trouter like this.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Here's the preliminary idea; I have a bunch of items ordered, not exactly big ticket items but the kind that I gather members can use. You would be amazed at what you can learn about a group by reading posts

So, when I am ready to start this we will have a thread with pictures and description of an item. Then anyone interested in it can post to that thread 'one' (1), time. You don't have to say much, just enough to register as a post.

At the end of the time limit on the thread I will close it. Then if there are 357 posts on the thread I will have Nancy choose a number between 1 and 357.

That post will be the winner, pretty much an on-line drawing sort of game. Pure luck in this one, no need to be clever but the one entry per member thing will be an honor based thing because I really don't want to know who has entered the drawing so I will not view the thread.

That doesn't mean I won't ask another moderator to scan through to be sure someone doesn't try to stuff the box so to say

Sounds fair huh? I like it and it'll be fun to see how the members respond.
jaybo41 and christianfishn like this.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:06 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Great contest!

Love the site, I check it out periodically and the pictures are incredible. Saw pike, trout, salmon, etc etc. The scenery is amazing. Alaska is definitely on my place to visit. Whether heading up with my brother for some fishing or taking my wife up and helping her get into fishing.