The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > How to Spey Cast - Technique and Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Casting Practice;

I just came back from more casting on Willow Creek. I have to call this casting practice because I (once again) was unable to find a fish. I worked very fishy water and hooked the bottom frequently so depth and water were not my problem. Alaska is definitely a literal case of feast and famine if ever I have seen one. There was cause for sorrow on this outting because I lost one of my Driftwood flies to a sunken log in water way too deep to go after it.........

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-06-2010, 08:39 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casting Practice;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I just came back from more casting on Willow Creek. I have to call this casting practice because I (once again) was unable to find a fish. I worked very fishy water and hooked the bottom frequently so depth and water were not my problem. Alaska is definitely a literal case of feast and famine if ever I have seen one. There was cause for sorrow on this outting because I lost one of my Driftwood flies to a sunken log in water way too deep to go after it.........
Cheer up, Ard.

I practiced casting today, too. I had one hard, flashy strike; he really crashed the fly. I was sure that I had a winner there (how could the fish not have hooked itself?). But when I went to set the hook, all I had was water. It was one of those strange days with the sound of the Pocono 500 NASCAR race in the background (with the wind coming from the right direction, you can hear the sound of those cars 10+ miles away).

Your season will get better.

Pocono