The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > How to Spey Cast - Technique and Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 06:46 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well looks like we'll still need a length of bike chain for a sink tip.

Rogue river a few miles up stream from me:

USGS Current Conditions for USGS 14339000 ROGUE RIVER AT DODGE BRIDGE, NEAR EAGLE POINT, OR

The little triangles are the historical normal flow .....
Old 06-20-2012, 12:42 PM

hooked1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Well looks like we'll still need a length of bike chain for a sink tip.

Am I reading that temp fluctuation correctly?Thats a huge swing daily.

I find the gold plated links work the best.Give you a little flash as an attractant.

Scott
Old 06-20-2012, 02:27 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well looks like we'll still need a length of bike chain for a sink tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked1 View Post
Am I reading that temp fluctuation correctly?Thats a huge swing daily.

I find the gold plated links work the best.Give you a little flash as an attractant.

Scott
Yup Scott, that's just exactly what it is. The gauge is (about) 15 RM's down from the Wm Jess dam where the water coming out of the bottom of (one huge snow water fed lake) is about 52 degrees. 'People' think of Oregon as 'cold and rainy,' I can assure you that's not So-Oregon. Our average summer temp is 85 - 95 degrees, with a few at 100+.

Flow, right now, is about 100% more than would be normal due to the fast snow melt and the retaining lake being, well just short of full. So out flow must equal, be a bit bigger than inflow. The little triangles are the historic norms.

That aside, I like the gold colour idea; merit, strong merit upon personal reflection. You see all these advertisements: "WE BUY USED GOLD! BRING YOUR OLD JEWELRY IN TO US FOR THE BEST PRICE!!! Wonder if I offered a couple bucks more they'd bring it to me and I melt down and have forged into ...... Must think this through; very sexy idea, who else?

New e bay product?????

This idea "May have legs."

fae