The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > How to Spey Cast - Technique and Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 10:02 AM

MacSuibhne is on a distinguished road
Default Central Oregon?

Anyone from the Bend/Redmond area here?
Old 10-14-2012, 04:59 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Central Oregon?

No, I'm down on the upper Rogue. That said, the Deess Chutes is one of the most amazing 2hander rivers I've ever fished (below Mac's Canyon).

But like the flyfish only section of the North Ump; bring a good wading staff .. you'll need same on the west side of the river. East side is far better/easier for us 'Seasoned Citizens.'
Old 10-14-2012, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Central Oregon?

Fred,

Yes, I've bumped into you on at least one other forum. In fact, we exchanged a PM or two as I recall. I am thankful for your help and insights.

I was interested in people in the Bend/Redmond area because I am in the initial stages of trying to put together a trip up to Hood River to take some spey casting classes with Tom Larimer. With three you get egg roll.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:21 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be darned; where and what under what 'name?' The PM's I'll assume the real one. But that's just my Seasoned Citizen thing; ask me a question, I'll give you 'what I think/know.' 98% of the time I'm probably right.

Odd part was this afternoon, ex wife type e-mailed me with a question. The back and forth (she will vote for OweBama) was interesting. Personally stayed focused, but are you? sort of thing.

Vote as you will, just know why; not in your heart, but in your head.

Fred
Old 10-14-2012, 06:27 PM

SpeyPages--DWFII (that username was taken here, so I used my auld crabbit family name...and tartan)
Old 10-14-2012, 06:34 PM

Cool, will have to do the 'Community' thing and look you up.