The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > How to Spey Cast - Technique and Advice

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fall Walleye, lousy weather

Nice fish Dannow I know your secretyou locate fish with a satellite....
Guest1 and okuma like this.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:52 PM

bugslinger is on a distinguished road

First of all congatulations are in order for catching a nice wally and at 130' is a true test of being an excelent spey fisherman. More should try the sport and find its easier than single rods and you can do more with a spey than people realize. Great job Dan, keep it up.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:59 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugslinger View Post
First of all congatulations are in order for catching a nice wally and at 130' is a true test of being an excelent spey fisherman. More should try the sport and find its easier than single rods and you can do more with a spey than people realize. Great job Dan, keep it up.
Thanks. I agree " More should try the sport and find its easier than single rods and you can do more with a spey than people realize." They are easier on you as well. My back is to put it mildly, screwed up as a soup sandwich. Two handers do not bother my back nearly as much as single hand casting. Plus there is no possible way I could ever get good enough to match the distances I get with a two hander. I love 'em.