The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   How to Spey Cast - Technique and Advice (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/how-spey-cast-technique-advice/)
-   -   Monsters do exist, I need one. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/how-spey-cast-technique-advice/303901-monsters-do-exist-i-need-one.html)

Guest1 12-01-2012 03:36 AM

Monsters do exist, I need one.

I was talking to Ard and he told me about an old Hardy catalog JP sent him. In it they had a Hardy Favourite 20' 12 wt. two hander. If any of you ever hear of one of these someone is willing to part with, please let me know.

jpbfly 12-01-2012 07:04 AM

Re: Monsters do exist, I need one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diver Dan (Post 503041)
I was talking to Ard and he told me about an old Hardy catalog JP sent him. In it they had a Hardy Favourite 20' 12 wt. two hander. If any of you ever hear of one of these someone is willing to part with, please let me know.

20' 12wt:eek::teef::rolleyes::eek:...had not noticed that monster...put an ad on the uk forum Dan...will have a look on ebay uk from times to times for you...;)

fredaevans 12-01-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpbfly (Post 503051)
20' 12wt:eek::teef::rolleyes::eek:...had not noticed that monster...put an ad on the uk forum Dan...will have a look on ebay uk from times to times for you...;)

+1; highly doubtful you'd find anything over 18' on this side of the Pond. And those would be competition rods. Years back had a 18' 10wt B & W and it beat the hell out of me. Hour's fishing, if you lasted that long, and you were dead beat tired.

Edit: Thinking about the thread title and thought about introducing you to my first wife ..........

Guest1 12-01-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpbfly (Post 503051)

I would appreciate that JP. I put it as a wanted item on the UK forum, Spey pages and as a saved search in the US ebay. When Ard told me they made a rod that big I got all sorts of excited. :D Carron makes a line with a 105' head. That rod would throw that no problem. Just think of all the fun that rod would be.

Hardyreels 12-01-2012 08:39 PM

Hey Dan,

I sent my UK connection an e-mail asking that he ferret one out for me, time will tell. As I told you these are very nicely made rods, very similar to my 13'9" SalmonFly but much bigger.

mbphotos54 12-01-2012 08:55 PM

WOW:eek: thats a monster for sure. can you cast small mammals with it.. good luck, look forward to seeing video of this..

baseman1 12-02-2012 12:44 PM

My Greatgrandpa had built some in the 20' range. All of them were 1 piece made of wood. My dad had them along with most of our family's belongings in storage when the garage burnt down. Oh how I would have loved to have had even one of them.

Guest1 12-02-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 503077)
Thinking about the thread title and thought about introducing you to my first wife ..........

Maybe we can introduce my ex to your ex. "Monster, Jabba the ex. Jabba the ex, monster." :biggrin:

jaybo41 12-02-2012 02:10 PM

LOL now that's some funny stuff right there. I don't care who ya are.

Seriously though, a 20 inch 12wt?:eek: Monster is right! It would take one helluva guy to throw that rod around.

theboz 12-02-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diver Dan (Post 503430)
Maybe we can introduce my ex to your ex. "Monster, Jabba the ex. Jabba the ex, monster." :biggrin:

If you want to add a witch I'm in on that introduction!