The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > How to Spey Cast - Technique and Advice

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 03:36 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Monsters do exist, I need one.

I was talking to Ard and he told me about an old Hardy catalog JP sent him. In it they had a Hardy Favourite 20' 12 wt. two hander. If any of you ever hear of one of these someone is willing to part with, please let me know.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monsters do exist, I need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I was talking to Ard and he told me about an old Hardy catalog JP sent him. In it they had a Hardy Favourite 20' 12 wt. two hander. If any of you ever hear of one of these someone is willing to part with, please let me know.
20' 12wt...had not noticed that monster...put an ad on the uk forum Dan...will have a look on ebay uk from times to times for you...
Old 12-01-2012, 09:01 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Monsters do exist, I need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
20' 12wt...had not noticed that monster...put an ad on the uk forum Dan...will have a look on ebay uk from times to times for you...
+1; highly doubtful you'd find anything over 18' on this side of the Pond. And those would be competition rods. Years back had a 18' 10wt B & W and it beat the hell out of me. Hour's fishing, if you lasted that long, and you were dead beat tired.

Edit: Thinking about the thread title and thought about introducing you to my first wife ..........
Hardyreels and Guest1 like this.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
I would appreciate that JP. I put it as a wanted item on the UK forum, Spey pages and as a saved search in the US ebay. When Ard told me they made a rod that big I got all sorts of excited. Carron makes a line with a 105' head. That rod would throw that no problem. Just think of all the fun that rod would be.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hey Dan,

I sent my UK connection an e-mail asking that he ferret one out for me, time will tell. As I told you these are very nicely made rods, very similar to my 13'9" SalmonFly but much bigger.
Guest1 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-01-2012, 08:55 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

WOW thats a monster for sure. can you cast small mammals with it.. good luck, look forward to seeing video of this..
Old 12-02-2012, 12:44 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

My Greatgrandpa had built some in the 20' range. All of them were 1 piece made of wood. My dad had them along with most of our family's belongings in storage when the garage burnt down. Oh how I would have loved to have had even one of them.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Thinking about the thread title and thought about introducing you to my first wife ..........
Maybe we can introduce my ex to your ex. "Monster, Jabba the ex. Jabba the ex, monster."
jpbfly and rockriver like this.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:10 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL now that's some funny stuff right there. I don't care who ya are.

Seriously though, a 20 inch 12wt? Monster is right! It would take one helluva guy to throw that rod around.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:37 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Maybe we can introduce my ex to your ex. "Monster, Jabba the ex. Jabba the ex, monster."
If you want to add a witch I'm in on that introduction!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Last edited by theboz; 12-02-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Spelling