The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > How to Spey Cast - Technique and Advice

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By spnyfish
  • 2 Post By MoscaPescador
  • 2 Post By Guest1
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:40 PM

spnyfish is on a distinguished road
Default Spey

Anybody that doesn't already spey fish- should. It's really that simple.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Oh, and by the way. I suck at spey casting. Just can't seem to stop doing it.
rubberguy likes this.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 PM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Spey

I got the infection this october, the symptoms are awful!
but yes I agree, everyone should spey fish

it's what all the cool kids do, and ya wanna be cool don't ya?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't gone over to the dark side yet! LOL!

Seriously though I have been considering trying it out, I have watched a number of YouTube videos of guys Spey casting, but being left handed I just seem more confused than before I started. Front Range Anglers did a demo over on the Miracle Mile in WY last fall, I probably should have made the effort to drive over and watch first hand.

Larry

Old 01-07-2013, 08:40 PM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

The big thing for me is that casting is really fun IMO with the spey rod, its easy when you get the hang of it, and you can cast all day without being sore, I find it more enjoyable in general and have been thinking of places to use the spey rod for the upcoming season.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latshki View Post
I got the infection this october, the symptoms are awful!
but yes I agree, everyone should spey fish

it's what all the cool kids do, and ya wanna be cool don't ya?
Infection - fever - there is only one answer.

mcnerney and Guest1 like this.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
I haven't gone over to the dark side yet!
Larry
Larry, I am your father........
Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

I love that Cow Bell Routine.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:35 AM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

If you catch this bug, make sure you buget for it! It will get expensive quick!!! But, I love it!

Old 01-08-2013, 12:45 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spnyfish View Post
Anybody that doesn't already spey fish- should. It's really that simple.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Oh, and by the way. I suck at spey casting. Just can't seem to stop doing it.
"Welcome to the Dark Side Young Luke Skywalker, Welcome ...."

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by delopez View Post

If you catch this bug, make sure you buget for it! It will get expensive quick!!! But, I love it!

Now there's the understatement for the day.
Guest1 likes this.