The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > How to Spey Cast - Technique and Advice

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By delopez
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Meiser teaser

Well, bob shipped my rod, reel, line, and backing out at the same time and leave it to the post office to not get them here at the same time. I do have a nice new reel though!!! Click the image to open in full size.
rubberguy likes this.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meiser teaser

That's a nice looking reel. I can't wait to see the whole setup.

A rod/reel/line complete Meiser setup. How sweet is that? I'm jealous.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:10 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

thats a sweet looking reel
whats the diameter on that bad boy?

casey

ARFE
Old 03-01-2013, 05:12 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Meiser teaser

It's 4.5" across and 1.75" wide.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:38 AM

paflyboy is on a distinguished road

I've got two of those reels, you're gonna love them(and his rods aren't bad, either!!). Silk smooth...
Old 03-03-2013, 02:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Meiser teaser

Sooo Yes.

What ever you get from Bob in the way of rods, Steve G's lines, etc., will be top end.

Ditto Gary Anderson (ACR rods).

These So. Oregon fellows don't mess around. If 'it' isn't top end (skip the price bit) they're not going to be 'involved.'

You want to purchase a Meiz or Anderson rod, you'll normally get a custom cut line from Steve to go along with same. Be prepared for a 30'ish minute telephone conversation covering the 'who/what/were/when/for what/etc., conversation.

The fellows may have built 200 of a given rod, but like the line, all will be "Bespoke" right down to the colour of the thread used on the guides.

Another I'd add to that is the SpeyCo reels.

Your's, all your's ....

A very good thing; Me thinks, me thinks.
rubberguy likes this.