The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > How to Spey Cast - Technique and Advice

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By skinnytrucker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 06:08 AM

skinnytrucker is on a distinguished road
Default Rio Products "Switch Chucker"

Just purchased my first switch rod. It's a St. Croix Imperial 11 ft 7 wt. I contacted Rio via Facebook asking what line they recommend and they responded by telling me they have a new line called the Switch Chucker and that it would work well with this rod. Anyone have any experience with this line?? I don't have a reel for it yet. I'm thinking of buying an Orvis Mid-Arbor reel. Not sure yet. Still shopping.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:19 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rio Products "Switch Chucker"

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. What I can tell you about that specific line is that it's brand new, so finding information with user experience at this point in time may be very limited. It sounds pretty interesting if you're looking to line up your rod with integrated running line.

How to you intend on fishing the switch what type of flies and for what species?

Here's a link to Rio's spey line recommendations for your reference.

http://www.rioproducts.com/skin/summ..._Line_Recs.pdf

It's also helpful to you if you have a general location filled out on your profile so others who fish in that region may be able to provide you with localized information.

Last edited by jaybo41; 09-18-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:42 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Hi,

What I can tell you about that specific line is that it's brand new, so finding information with user experience at this point in time may be very limited. It sounds pretty interesting if you're looking to line up your rod with integrated running line.

How to you intend on fishing the switch what type of flies and for what species?

Here's a link to Rio's spey line recommendations for your reference.

http://www.rioproducts.com/skin/summ..._Line_Recs.pdf

It's also helpful to you if you have a general location filled out on your profile so others who fish in that region may be able to provide you with localized information.

And Exactly!

Fred
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:01 PM

Ok I think I have all the info updated. I thought that was done when I signed up. Sorry about that
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:08 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Hi & to The Forum.
Brian.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Hi & to The Forum.
Brian.
Thanks. I really appreciate it
Old 09-18-2013, 06:31 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnytrucker View Post
Ok I think I have all the info updated. I thought that was done when I signed up. Sorry about that

No worries, and my apologies if that sounded snippy, good to have you posting with us. Hopefully beyond your question you'll continue to read and contribute. It truly does help the membership hone in responses and ultimately the individual asking the question when those asking let us know where they're located and what they're fishing for.

So are looking to do some indy nymphing and the occasional streamer?