The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > How to Spey Cast - Technique and Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Business Member

flyfishusa is on a distinguished road
Default Hoh River Washington

Anyone have experience with this river, I need to know if there are any good access points for a walk-in because I don't have my boat yet.

Thank you,
Old 11-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Business Member

Default Re: Hoh River Washington

50,448 Members and no reply to this yet Hmmmm?
Old 11-21-2013, 08:30 PM

blackbugger is a glorious beacon of lightblackbugger is a glorious beacon of lightblackbugger is a glorious beacon of lightblackbugger is a glorious beacon of lightblackbugger is a glorious beacon of light

There are all kinds of places to walk in on the road that heads up into the park.
Several boat access spots between the park and Oxbow will get you on the river as well.
The river above Oxbow is actually reasonably easy to access once the road gets near the river. You'll just have to explore around a bit.
I've yet to get on the river below 101.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:42 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Speypages or the Washington board could be a wealth of info as these guys fish that river on a regular basis. That said, hit Google Earth and scope down on the river and work your way up stream with a Geo Map in front of you.

GE shows a road/path/what-ever mark the map. But not to worry I was fishing that river 50 years ago and knew several folks that were there generations before. Other than having some sort of 'orientation' I think you'll find the public access points are well defined.

Fred
Old 02-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Business Member

Got all this info I needed from Big Stick Fly Fishing Forum, I think this site is stalling out? This post got two replies in 3 months!