The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > How to Spey Cast - Technique and Advice

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By hivizadams
  • 2 Post By bluemoon
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 01:47 PM

hivizadams is on a distinguished road
Default Fred made me do it!

Fred Evans suggested that I post photos of a Hardy 3-3/8 Perfect that a friend is trying to have valued. They're already posted in the Fly Reels forum, but perhaps others may see them here.
The reel was probably made in the 70's, has one minor scuff mark on the frame, and comes with three extra spools.

Click the image to open in full size.

So that's what I have. Please take a look and let me know what you think the reel and spools are worth in today's market.

Best,

Steve
mcnerney, baseman1 and roguebum like this.

Last edited by hivizadams; 01-04-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:51 AM

bluemoon is on a distinguished road
Default Fred made me do it!

Hey Steve,
I have owned several 3 3/8 Perfects. In my opinion the reel would be worth $300-350. The spools would $75-100. However it seems when that many spools are included the price per spool goes down. Since multi tip lines and shooting heads with loops have become popular the need for multiple spools has diminished. Remember that this is just my opinion so your mileage may vary.

Troy
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.

Last edited by bluemoon; 01-19-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:08 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Fred made me do it!

Hi Steve,

Mr. bluemoon has given a good point from the owners position. What I'll tell you is that when I want to know what people are paying I find several identical reels on auction and place them on my watch list. Then when the sales have ended you average the final prices paid. With that information you can place a reel for sale elsewhere and ask for a price slightly lower or... what your research showed. Bear in mind that when you sell somewhere other than the 'Bay' you will avoid the fees. because of that you can price the reel fairly and see a speedy sale.

if you want to use classifieds on most forums you need to be a regular member, forums differ in their selling requirements . We have a 100 post rule, others may be less. If you want to use the forum you'll need to become engaged in the activities here.

It's not hard to do, before you know you have 100 posts

Ard
mcnerney likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;