The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

Hey welcome aboard FlyMom. Glad to hear you got the girls into it...kidds these days
I still get that look from those that don't know me. Had a couple of clients at Falcon's Ledge that hit on me then I told them I was their guide for the weekend got kinda sour looks. I had those two in so many fish that weekend, they were diggin' it and I showed them some of my tech's that I am sure they are still using.
It's all good!
Old 06-18-2006, 10:07 PM

gregorykicks is on a distinguished road

I took one of my friends fly fishing, and she caught the biggest one! We had to swap out turns since I was the only one with a fly rod, but she was using just a normal spin cast whenever I was fly fishing and I was helping her when she was fly fishing since she'd never fly fished before. She enjoyed it a lot. I'm totally for women fly fishing. Great activites like fly fishing deserve to let everyone enjoy them.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:41 AM

CrystalNZ is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Just joined and recently took up fly fishing. I have spin fished all my life but they created a monster now that I have been taught to fly fish. I joined to learn all I can learn from you pro's and fine tune my proformance.
I am from Georgia but married and moved to New Zeland 4 years ago. My husband and myself are taxidermist and we both go out hunting or fishing when time permits.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v234/CrystalNZ/

myspace.com/crystalstaxidermy
Old 01-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Right On! Love hearing more women realizing their true talents :-)
Old 04-19-2007, 10:51 AM

natureday is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to natureday

Hi, I live in WA and i have been fly fishing with my father since I was very young. It is an art form and I can do it for hours.
I found this site a about a week ago, so here is one female on here
Nice to meet you fellow fisherman
ANna
Old 04-19-2007, 11:07 AM

Anna, you have found two sites that I get to moderate LOL.
Welcome, and feel free to talk about anything!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:43 PM

truckyfriend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to truckyfriend
Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

Hi everyone, I just signed in...and you might as well call me the newbie, cause I haven't even thrown a line at the water yet...but can't wait too...I'll get all the research I can and take teh time to find my own style with this... I been tempted to find a hobby and I think this might be the way for me to go...
We have allot of Rivers around here to fish in ...so I don't know why I haven't thought of this before...oh wait, I know why...I was always driving the highway as a truckdriver...but now its time to relax my doctor says...so what better way than to take in nature and maybe snag alittle excitement while I'm at it...

Hello to all... and I look forward to reading your posts.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:03 PM

Trucky, welcome aboard. How are things in NewFoundland? You couldn't pick a better hobby, but I am afraid it will be addicting and turn into a new life style. LOL
Old 06-28-2007, 03:39 PM

truckyfriend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to truckyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Trucky, welcome aboard. How are things in NewFoundland? You couldn't pick a better hobby, but I am afraid it will be addicting and turn into a new life style. LOL
Hi Joni, dang your fast ...I guess I'll never feel alone when I post on here thats for sure...

...thankyou for the warm welcome. Things in Newfoundland right now are still trying to warm up...but the salmon season is wide open for us now. Unforunately I am starting from scratch with this...I have only fished for Largemouth Bass, Catfish (in the US) and of course up here I've done some salt water cod jigging and the very common 'get your but trouting' weekends, lol...
Anyways, sorry for the babble...but I'm looking into the basics for getting myself outfitted for that feeling of catching my first salmon...I'm sure I will eventually want to branch off and look for other fish also...but truth is...I'm a salmon lover...I can't get enough...I suppose for living on this island, fish being the main industry up here...I can think of a fish meal for everything....but my favorite (aside from shell fish) is deffinately salmon...

and forgive me sounding completely 'green'... but them fellers with the pink bellies are such a delight for me to bbq...(or even fry with taste uncomparable to any other to me)...
Now its not all about my stomach here for me (despite how it looks so far, lol) - but, I have a family doctor whom is adiment about my taking it easy and relaxing due to some unfortunate family illness...and why not look into fly fishing and enjoying nature with something that I will only appreciate more for...

I'm not even sure how to get myself into the research of it...all I know so far is I would like to be able to catch maybe a 9 or 12 pound salmon...then look for the moderate style of equipment for that...
I don't need to be fancy,...just durable and safe.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:38 PM

We have some great rods for sale right here. The ECHO is an awesome rod. TFO's are very reasonable also and both WARRANTY.
For the weight you mentioned, I wouldn't look at anything smaller than a 6wt. 7wt and 8wt would not be out of line.
Salmon are beautiful and around here a little tougher on a fly, so that would be a double bonus.
Look forward to hearing more about you and whatever the problems you are having, hopefully we can make you forget for a bit.
Pictures are good also he, he, he.