The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Were are all the Ladies?!

I would like to know what other ladies are on this forum? A little bit about you and where you live, how often you fish etc.
Thanks,
Joni
Old 04-25-2006, 02:48 PM

Troutlassie124 is on a distinguished road
Default There is one here in Massachusetts..........

I am somewhat of a novice, and mostly trying to find someone to fish
with. Many guys can't believe that us ladies actually can, and do it with
as much enthusiasm as they do. We just don't like to go alone.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

I hear that. While working in Orvis the gentlemen customers would just walk right past when I asked if I could help. The fact that I am a guide also, they always say can you help my wife, when I have accually helped several men.
I am trying to get my fishing ladies on board here. I have fished with several and they are getting better real fast. Lefty knows about women and fly fishing.
Hope I see you post more, I would live to hear how you are progressing. You got the passion I can tell.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni
I hear that. While working in Orvis the gentlemen customers would just walk right past when I asked if I could help. The fact that I am a guide also, they always say can you help my wife, when I have accually helped several men.I am trying to get my fishing ladies on board here. I have fished with several and they are getting better real fast. Lefty knows about women and fly fishing.Hope I see you post more, I would live to hear how you are progressing. You got the passion I can tell.
Well, I can say Joni that you are the one I preferred to help me at Orvis. Your knowlege was always top notch and your tying patterns are amazing. I have actually always thought that ladies are better casters then men. We tend to overdo it while the ladies have a natural delicacy to their casts that just blends with the flyfishing world well.

Did you ever fish that perch pattern that you had displayed at the store?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:06 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

I will give Joni her kudos. She is by far one of the most knowledgable fisherpersons I know and by far the best tier!
Old 04-26-2006, 01:45 AM

TJ Rowden will become famous soon enoughTJ Rowden will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshfanatic
I will give Joni her kudos. She is by far one of the most knowledgable fisherpersons I know and by far the best tier!
Agreed on the tying Joni as I've enjoyed some of your flies in at least one if not two swaps from another forum. Very nicely done.

I'm also convinced that my wife would outfish me hands down if I could actually find a way for catching fish (for either of us) to happen at the same time she comes. So far I've only introduced her to the meaning of skunked. Surprise, not a lot of interest. Hopefully we'll change that up here. Brings up a question (that I'll raise in a separate post).

TJ
Old 04-26-2006, 07:33 AM

WetNymph is on a distinguished road

Joni:

I joined the forum and where it asked if I was referred by someone from the forum (not exact wording), I put in your name, but it came back and said that you are not valid!

Last Sunday was another very windy day on the river - after fighting the wind for about 45 minutes - I decided to sit down and watch the man go at it and possibly learn from his technique. He caught a few nice ones and then the rain clouds started rolling in and we were tired, so we left.

Can't wait to catch up with you and Alan again - when we're back in town!

See ya soon!
ST
Old 04-26-2006, 11:22 AM

Thanks for all the replies, it makes it all worth it. I am a fishing fool and could go 24/7 (which I might be doing LOL). Anyone up for a day, pm me and I am there if I am not at the Lodge.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:34 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Rowden
Agreed on the tying Joni as I've enjoyed some of your flies in at least one if not two swaps from another forum. Very nicely done.I'm also convinced that my wife would outfish me hands down if I could actually find a way for catching fish (for either of us) to happen at the same time she comes. So far I've only introduced her to the meaning of skunked. Surprise, not a lot of interest. Hopefully we'll change that up here. Brings up a question (that I'll raise in a separate post).TJ
Is this the infamous TJRowdy? Long thought lost from UOTF?
Old 06-17-2006, 01:12 PM

FlyMom is on a distinguished road

Hey Joni,
I have good news, not only do I fly fish, but I have two daughters that fish. They are fifth generation Catskill Fly Fisherman and keep the family tradition going. We get alot of looks gearing up to see three women getting ready to get into the stream. We are out there, though at shows I still get asked, "so honey do you fish?" But that's okay. We are taking the family to Denver for a week this summer and the gear is coming. I can't wait.
See you on the water
Flymom