The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Ladies Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/)
-   -   Women's Exhibit at American Museum of Fly Fishing (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/201618-womens-exhibit-american-museum-fly-fishing.html)

annettelillyruss 11-03-2011 01:14 PM

Women's Exhibit at American Museum of Fly Fishing

Check out the exhibit celebrating women in fly fishing at the American Museum of Fly Fishing

Guest1 11-03-2011 01:18 PM

Re: Women's Exhibit at American Museum of Fly Fishing

Welcome to the forum. Do you have a link by any chance?

mcnerney 11-03-2011 04:24 PM

As Dan said, welcome to the forum! Here is the link to the exhibit: Fly Fishing Museum: History, Legends, Rods, Reels, Flies - AMFF

I see that they honored Casting for Recorery, that was great! I swear that photo titled "Montana Fly Shop" looks like a photo I have seen in the past of Dan Baileys shop back in the day when they turned out thousands of custom flies.

Larry

Guest1 11-03-2011 05:59 PM

Thanks for the link. I would have added a couple more at least though. April Vokey;
Watch the cast she does at the beginning.

And Jeong Park;

seaswan21 11-03-2011 06:13 PM

Great two handed execution...

I'm jealous!

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

The Eastern Phenom, Reverend Paige Rodgers is sadly missing from the lineup.
She has been locally revered for many years in the NE. Excellent fisher-person and fly creator.

Hardyreels 11-03-2011 06:52 PM

Hey Dan,

The first cast of the first vid, that's what I have been trying to describe to you when we've talked. That was the first cast I figured out when fishing 'river left'. I don't know what it's called but that is how I cast about 70% of my fishing. I got so good with that one that I try to keep river left as often as I can.

Nice clips,

Ard

mcnerney 11-03-2011 08:09 PM

Dan: I have to agree, I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't remember April's name. How about our own Joni!

Larry

Guest1 11-03-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnerney (Post 342282)
Dan: I have to agree, I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't remember April's name. How about our own Joni!

Larry

Yah, April Vokey has become fairly famous. And yes! Why isn't Joni on that list?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 342232)
Hey Dan,

The first cast of the first vid, that's what I have been trying to describe to you when we've talked. That was the first cast I figured out when fishing 'river left'. I don't know what it's called but that is how I cast about 70% of my fishing. I got so good with that one that I try to keep river left as often as I can.

Nice clips,

Ard

It's a cackhand (Off the wrong shoulder) snap-t. From the other side of the river you can do it off your right shoulder. I like it because it's a sustained anchor cast and I can get a big heavy fly up out of the water with it. I have a video where I toss an 8" Pike fly with that cast. By the way, she puts a pile of line out there doesn't she?