The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 01:14 PM

annettelillyruss is on a distinguished road
Default Women's Exhibit at American Museum of Fly Fishing

Check out the exhibit celebrating women in fly fishing at the American Museum of Fly Fishing
Old 11-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Women's Exhibit at American Museum of Fly Fishing

Welcome to the forum. Do you have a link by any chance?
Old 11-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

As Dan said, welcome to the forum! Here is the link to the exhibit: Fly Fishing Museum: History, Legends, Rods, Reels, Flies - AMFF

I see that they honored Casting for Recorery, that was great! I swear that photo titled "Montana Fly Shop" looks like a photo I have seen in the past of Dan Baileys shop back in the day when they turned out thousands of custom flies.

Larry

Old 11-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link. I would have added a couple more at least though. April Vokey;
Watch the cast she does at the beginning.

And Jeong Park;
Old 11-03-2011, 06:13 PM

seaswan21 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Women's Exhibit at American Museum of Fly Fishing

Great two handed execution...

I'm jealous!

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

The Eastern Phenom, Reverend Paige Rodgers is sadly missing from the lineup.
She has been locally revered for many years in the NE. Excellent fisher-person and fly creator.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hey Dan,

The first cast of the first vid, that's what I have been trying to describe to you when we've talked. That was the first cast I figured out when fishing 'river left'. I don't know what it's called but that is how I cast about 70% of my fishing. I got so good with that one that I try to keep river left as often as I can.

Nice clips,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan: I have to agree, I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't remember April's name. How about our own Joni!

Larry

Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Dan: I have to agree, I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't remember April's name. How about our own Joni!

Larry
Yah, April Vokey has become fairly famous. And yes! Why isn't Joni on that list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hey Dan,

The first cast of the first vid, that's what I have been trying to describe to you when we've talked. That was the first cast I figured out when fishing 'river left'. I don't know what it's called but that is how I cast about 70% of my fishing. I got so good with that one that I try to keep river left as often as I can.

Nice clips,

Ard
It's a cackhand (Off the wrong shoulder) snap-t. From the other side of the river you can do it off your right shoulder. I like it because it's a sustained anchor cast and I can get a big heavy fly up out of the water with it. I have a video where I toss an 8" Pike fly with that cast. By the way, she puts a pile of line out there doesn't she?