The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Ladies Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/)
-   -   this is cool! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/2718-cool.html)

tgoodwater2002 11-13-2007 11:27 PM

this is cool!

Just found this forum and to know that there is a ladies fly forum is awsome! I just started fly fishing about a year ago. I am going to start makeing my own flys. I am glad I am not the only woman out there that fly fishes. I don't know any women who fly fish around where I live. I love it and I am hooked for good.

nancykim 11-21-2007 06:08 PM

Re: this is cool!

I just started fly fishing late last summer and have since become hooked. I have lots of female climbing and skiing buddies, but none of them seem to share this latest passion. I have been learning a lot by going out with a really great guide, Dave McCoy of Emerald Water Anglers, and fishing on my own. Right now, I'm exploring saltwater fishing and discovering Puget Sound.

Look forward to hearing your fishing reports on this forum!

tgoodwater2002 11-22-2007 06:44 AM

That's great! What is Puget Sound? I have never heard of it. I just went to the fly fishing club we have here in my area. Really nice group of people. I just started tying flies last week and having a lot of fun doing it. At these meetings, these guys tie flys all night long and I look forward to learning alot from them.

nancykim 11-23-2007 12:09 AM

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

I haven't tied any flies yet--too busy trying to add some distance to my casting. I live in Seattle. Puget Sound comprises thousands of miles of coast line between the mainland and Olympic peninsula. I've been fishing the South Sound beaches, some within an hour's drive of the city. Doesn't matter if the fishing is slow because you typically have great views of the Olympic Mountains.

Where do you live and what have you been fishing for?

tgoodwater2002 11-24-2007 07:41 PM

I live in Omaha, NE and I fish for mostly bass, crappie, bluegill and pretty much whatever bites my line. I have only been fly fishing for 1 year and tying flies for 1 week

Joni 01-10-2008 09:12 PM

I know this is an old post, but I have been dealing with allot of pressure and one of them was a very slow dial up. Everything is coming together now including COMCAST, so Hi ladies and welcome.
I also tie and have been fly fishing for about 25 years. I also teach both casting and tying and I guide, so look forward to hearing more about you.
Joni

tgoodwater2002 01-12-2008 09:29 PM

Where do you do your guiding at Joni? I was thinking about taking a fishing trip next fall in colorado. Any pointers as to where to go?

Joni 01-13-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgoodwater2002 (Post 18698)
Where do you do your guiding at Joni? I was thinking about taking a fishing trip next fall in colorado. Any pointers as to where to go?

I am no longer at Falcon's Ledge, too much happened in my life last year.
Right now I occasionally do on the Provo, but have been mostly just fishingand taking care of business.
As far as Colorado, I have no clue as to what is up there, but look forward to hearing what you can come up with.

nancykim 01-13-2008 11:58 AM

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Thanks for the welcome, Joni. Haven't wet a line since before the holidays, so I'm excited to get out soon. As far as fishing in Colorado, I think the Gunnison is supposed to be some good fly water.

I'm running the Colorado through the Grand Canyon in early April, but I'm meeting folks at the 87.5-mile mark, supposedly past all the good water :icon_cry: Might just leave the fly rod behind.

Frank Whiton 01-13-2008 12:26 PM

Hi nancykim,

I am wondering why your post has this message in it: "Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply". Where are you clicking to open the message box? If you are putting it there on purpose then that is OK but I don't think you are. Let me know if you want to get rid of that message.

Frank