The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By theboz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 01:44 PM

kim ciara is on a distinguished road
Default Do any women (beside me) camp and fly-fish alone?

My family was kinda' big, so our vacations weren't to Disney Land, or other such places. We usually went camping and fishing for extended periods.

And now, being *mumble-mumble* years old, my vacations are still that... camping and fly-fishing at some of the most beautiful places in Colorado. (I could camp and fish Colorado for the rest of my life, and never get to all of the wonderful fly-fishing destinations!)

I sometimes go with groups of friends, but I most often go alone, because my friends have families, can't get off work, and such. This doesn't bother me, and in fact, I kinda' like the solitude. My Sheltie, Bonnie, always goes with me, and have camped once with my cat. (Won't do THAT again! hahah) But I won't just sit at home at this point in my life... if no one can go with me, I'm happy to go alone, and sometimes, once I get there, am glad I did!

So... just curious... do any other of you ladies go by yourselves? Just curious.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do any women (beside me) camp and fly-fish alone?

Camping, I go with my hubby and BAXTER. However, fishing, I generally go my own way. I work but a few days a week (for gas money) so I go fishing about 5 to 7 days a week by myself.
I like your style, girl. Make it over to Utah, you give a shout, eh.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:43 PM

kim ciara is on a distinguished road

Hi Joni!

Thanks for the invite! Would love to come fish with you sometime. Just not today. *smile*
Old 07-17-2012, 06:46 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Do any women (beside me) camp and fly-fish alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Camping, I go with my hubby and BAXTER. However, fishing, I generally go my own way. I work but a few days a week (for gas money) so I go fishing about 5 to 7 days a week by myself.
I like your style, girl. Make it over to Utah, you give a shout, eh.
'Ms. Joni' hunts, if you've ever used any of her 'leaders,' they're exceptional.

Single Ladies on the beach on the Rogue? Damned unusual, talked to a couple over the years, and squared away folk.

fae
Old 09-15-2012, 09:19 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I go fly fishing all the time by myself. Usually I have a couple of friends who go with me on weekends though. But I like fishing by myself as well. I have not gone camping by myself yet. My son just joined the Army not long ago. So I guess I will be camping by myself some. My daughter used to camp, and fish. Now she hasn't done either in quite some time. She is 21 now. I hope she will get back into it before long. She only knows how to conventional fish. She has no interest at the moment in learning to fly fish.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:44 AM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough

I'm not a lady, but my wife is. She's been known to hire a float plane to fly her, her kayak, and her Jack Russells, to an island in a remote lake, and pick her up a week later.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:48 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Wow, that sounds awesome. The safety factor is mainly what makes me hesitate in camping alone. I could bring my big dog, but she doesn't like fishing, and she likes other people even less. So that would ruin the trip. Thus, she stays at home.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:58 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

When I see a lady camping or fishing alone my first thoughts are usually "Where were you hiding my whole life!"
kelkay, Guest1, fredaevans and 1 others like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
'Ms. Joni' hunts, if you've ever used any of her 'leaders,' they're exceptional.

Single Ladies on the beach on the Rogue? Damned unusual, talked to a couple over the years, and squared away folk.

fae
I have never met any. Up here I have never run into another flyfishing person of either sex.

As for Joni's leaders. Oh yah! I am a total addict to them. I lost one this summer and actually went scuba diving for it. I have a wrecked back and gave up pain pills for more than a day. It was the worst visibility I have ever been in, and I have dived (dove?) in some serious soup. It was the worst time I ever had getting out on rocks and my back hated me for many days. I still don't regret it because it was worth a try. I didn't find it. The visibility was so bad I needed reading glasses to see that close. I didn't think about that before hand. Thankfully I got a couple more from Joni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
I'm not a lady, but my wife is. She's been known to hire a float plane to fly her, her kayak, and her Jack Russells, to an island in a remote lake, and pick her up a week later.
There's a couple of jokes in there I'm not going to touch......... Sorry.