The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Ladies Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/)
-   -   another gal seeking steelheads (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/302667-another-gal-seeking-steelheads.html)

mtngirl 11-18-2012 01:14 PM

another gal seeking steelheads

Hi Gals: another new member here. I am planning a trip to Terrace, BC next summer to look for steelies. This will be the first time with a spey rod. Any advice???? I am used to small browns and rainbows.

jpbfly 11-18-2012 02:55 PM

Re: another gal seeking steelheads

:welcome:mtngirl...can't help you for your trip but I'm sure some members will...;)

jaybo41 11-21-2012 03:34 PM

If you are willing to get a guide, I believe April Vokey is in that region. That's the best advice I could offer:) If her guiding is anything like her tying sessions, it will be money very well spent.

Flygal - Guided Steelhead and Salmon Fly Fishing and Instruction

Guest1 11-21-2012 04:00 PM

April is on the Dean River I think. She does the two hander as well. Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Here is a video of her;

You can probably contact her here; Flygal - Guided Steelhead and Salmon Fly Fishing and Instruction

jaybo41 11-21-2012 04:09 PM

Great minds think alike DiverDan! She mentioned during the tying session that she fishes the Skeena and tributaries. A quick look at google maps shows the Skeena going right past Terrace. Her website lists Spring and Fall Steelhead on the Skeena...hmmm.

trial153 12-18-2012 09:06 AM

April is a class act, I met her too briefly on two occasions. Excellent choice in a guide. And she really knows her way around with two handed rod.

One another note, I have seen more women fly fishing and spey fishing in the last two years on the tribs I fish then in the past 20 years combined. Good to see!

fredaevans 12-18-2012 12:28 PM

The vid clip of April was shot on the Dean. Think that's her 'Home Water.'

mtngirl 12-19-2012 07:00 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted April but she is really booked when I have available time off. But, agree she is very skilled.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Thanks for the vidoe - I had seen that one on some other site as well. Agreed she is very skilled and will try to get on her calendar!

stuie675 12-19-2012 07:59 PM

It also doesnt hurt that I think April is hot hahahaa

mtngirl welcome to the site, I just joined not long ago and love this site so far.

jaybo41 12-19-2012 08:20 PM

mtngirl, let us know how your trip works out. Looking forward to hearing about it.:thumbup: