The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By jaybo41
  • 2 Post By Guest1
  • 1 Post By jaybo41
  • 2 Post By trial153

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 PM

mtngirl is on a distinguished road
Default another gal seeking steelheads

Hi Gals: another new member here. I am planning a trip to Terrace, BC next summer to look for steelies. This will be the first time with a spey rod. Any advice???? I am used to small browns and rainbows.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: another gal seeking steelheads

mtngirl...can't help you for your trip but I'm sure some members will...
Old 11-21-2012, 03:34 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are willing to get a guide, I believe April Vokey is in that region. That's the best advice I could offer If her guiding is anything like her tying sessions, it will be money very well spent.

Flygal - Guided Steelhead and Salmon Fly Fishing and Instruction
Old 11-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

April is on the Dean River I think. She does the two hander as well. Welcome to the forum.

Here is a video of her;

You can probably contact her here; Flygal - Guided Steelhead and Salmon Fly Fishing and Instruction
HuronRiverDan and jaybo41 like this.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:09 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Great minds think alike DiverDan! She mentioned during the tying session that she fishes the Skeena and tributaries. A quick look at google maps shows the Skeena going right past Terrace. Her website lists Spring and Fall Steelhead on the Skeena...hmmm.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:06 AM

trial153 is on a distinguished road

April is a class act, I met her too briefly on two occasions. Excellent choice in a guide. And she really knows her way around with two handed rod.

One another note, I have seen more women fly fishing and spey fishing in the last two years on the tribs I fish then in the past 20 years combined. Good to see!
HuronRiverDan and jaybo41 like this.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:28 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

The vid clip of April was shot on the Dean. Think that's her 'Home Water.'
Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 PM

mtngirl is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted April but she is really booked when I have available time off. But, agree she is very skilled.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Thanks for the vidoe - I had seen that one on some other site as well. Agreed she is very skilled and will try to get on her calendar!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:59 PM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

It also doesnt hurt that I think April is hot hahahaa

mtngirl welcome to the site, I just joined not long ago and love this site so far.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:20 PM

mtngirl, let us know how your trip works out. Looking forward to hearing about it.