The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cpiercem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 07:01 AM

maguro77 is on a distinguished road
Default Need some help on wading boot widths

Hi from Singapore!

I hope some of you can share your experience with the Redington vs LLBean womens wading boot.

Willow River Wading Boot Sticky Rubber - Women's Footwear | Redington Fly Fishing

West Branch Aqua Stealth Wading Boots: Wading Shoes | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

Specifically, which boot has a wider cut to accommodate a pair of Simms regular wading socks and neoprene stocking boot.

I have both size 7 and 8 LLBean boots - however whilst size 7 is true to size in terms of length, it isnt wide enough to accommodate the socks and neoprene. I am planning to order a Redington size 7 but like to know if anyone would be able to tell if it's cut wider than LL Bean. Being asian, my feet is slightly broader but no where near EE width.

I was visiting the US last year and tried 3 fishing shops but none of them carried women's wading boots. So i have to resort with trial and error mail order all the way to Singapore.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:00 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some help on wading boot widths

Only wader boot maker I've run across in the past 20 years that had a clue was the Korkers. The rest? I don't think any have ever looked down at their feet and asked the obvious question: 'How big does it need to be?'

And welcome to the Board! As to witch above, LL B's warranty is GOLD.

fae

Edit: No disrespect intended to Reedie or Sage.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:56 AM

maguro77 is on a distinguished road

thanks fae for the insight and welcome... will keep in mind Korkers. Just dont want to end up with a whole room of different brands of boots. Or maybe I am just too fastidious in trying to get the perfect fit.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:12 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Need some help on wading boot widths

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro77 View Post
thanks fae for the insight and welcome... will keep in mind Korkers. Just dont want to end up with a whole room of different brands of boots. Or maybe I am just too fastidious in trying to get the perfect fit.
"77" there is no 'perfect fit' save for you take your waders, socks, etc., and try on boots in the store. From personal experience you ware a size 10 street shoe (mine) and you'll be 'up' at least two in wading boot size. Best was three sizes up.

Lots of toe room is THE KEY unless you want frozen toes. Just trust me on this one.
fae
Old 11-03-2013, 07:59 AM

cpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of light

For a wider fit you might be better off looking at the small men's sizes. The women's boots they cut narrower.

I wear a size 7 or 7 1/2 women's street shoe.

Most of my wading boots are mens boots size 6 or 7. It is hard to find good women's boots to try on in any store!

The last pair of boots that I bought was a pair of Cabela's womens boots in a size 8 and they fit narrower than the men's sizes. For me I like their fit because I have a narrower foot.

For you, the wider fit of a man's boot might be better.
siege likes this.