The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need the girl advise

I would fish a Pink rod and have certainly expressed an interest in a Pink reel. I do have a close friend that also bought his wife Pink. With the Breast Cancer, you do see more of it.
That being said, GREEN and RED are very cool too...LOL
Old 03-18-2014, 05:18 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Just to add, and I just noticed this in my new LL Bean catalog... they have a new Stream Light Ultra rig for women.

8'9" Ivory Blue looking color/5w (full combo $239)

I have an SL 5w with rio perception line and like it almost as much as my Allen rods.

I can't do anything for my old lady until I can get a full purple rig

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 03-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
Just to add, and I just noticed this in my new LL Bean catalog... they have a new Stream Light Ultra rig for women.

8'9" Ivory Blue looking color/5w (full combo $239)

I have an SL 5w with rio perception line and like it almost as much as my Allen rods.

I can't do anything for my old lady until I can get a full purple rig

PPPPUUURPLE! Me too!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:27 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
PPPPUUURPLE! Me too!
I thought I had Justin convinced but he did a limited edition in pink instead

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 03-18-2014, 05:30 PM

I will see him and hopefully have time to have a drink with him and Evan next week. I wanted that Pink one too. Thought it would be cool next to a 34" Carp HA! How's that for a girl...LOL
I hope he has the Purple at this show. I already know I will be stocking up on hooks.
cpiercem and enolaeagle like this.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:00 PM

sd1911fan is on a distinguished road

I just picked up my Fiance a Sage Grace 8'6" 5# which is based on their VXP rods and I paired it with a 2250 with Rio Gold.

Click the image to open in full size.
cochise likes this.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:16 AM

Nice! Let us know how she likes that Fast Action and Gold.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:51 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

1911, and sage fly rods for your better side.

I like your style.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:50 AM

cpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with what has been said, and....Good on you for wanting to get a rod for your wife that is specially for her. If she likes pink or purple, go for it. I think it is more important that it is specially for her, and that you care.

I fish a lot of smaller streams and rivers for trout from 6 to 22 inches. I usually use a 3 or 4 wt. in 7.5 ft or 8.5 ft respectively. It is short distance casting with drys or occasionally nymphs or dry/dropper. The only times I use a heavier rod is in wind conditions or on a larger river or lake where I fish streamers.

As to color... I am a bit different as I fish for really spooky trout, and I end up wearing camo more than bright colors of any kind....Unless it is hunting season, when I wear a lovely vest in bright orange. (The bright orange does make the fishing harder) The same for my rod.. waving a bright pink rod in many of my fishing situations would scare fish for miles! So no pink for me.

Good luck with your decision.

Cindy
Old 03-20-2014, 10:56 AM

sd1911fan is on a distinguished road

Joni,

She practiced on the side of our property and got the hang of it pretty quickly but decided to stop before she picked up any bad habits. She is enrolled in an intro class and will get proper education more so than the few online tutorials we have poured over.

~A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Nice! Let us know how she likes that Fast Action and Gold.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Thanks Cochise. We are looking at a Koffler Drift boat now. Now that she is into it, and has heard testimonial to needing a boat to access more fishing grounds, getting a boat purchase in easier. We are talking with Joe @ Koffler Boats about a 17' 54" wide drift boat.

~A

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
1911, and sage fly rods for your better side.

I like your style.