The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fyshstykr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2014, 08:03 PM

markfrid is a jewel in the roughmarkfrid is a jewel in the roughmarkfrid is a jewel in the rough
Default I'm not a lady, but I really need your help!

My wife is very interested in some breathable waders, but she has a problem: she has small feet. Her size is a womens' 7 or 8. In the past she has bought kid's size hip boots. They fit her feet, but they are cut for -- a kid, not a grown woman. She's only able to pull them half way up her leg.

Are there waders and wading boots available in small ADULT sizes?

Thanks very much!

Mark
Old 11-18-2014, 08:34 PM

lacanadio is a glorious beacon of lightlacanadio is a glorious beacon of lightlacanadio is a glorious beacon of lightlacanadio is a glorious beacon of lightlacanadio is a glorious beacon of lightlacanadio is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I'm not a lady, but I really need your help!

I bought my wife some Bean's Kennebec waders in "misses small". She's 5'3.5", size 7-8 foot. They fit her very well. I went Bean's due to reputation and returnability (in case of fit issues). She loves them, along with her Simms Headwaters boots.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:42 PM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

A lot of adult size waders have too big sized booties. I have wondered if you could have a seamstress insert a seam and make the feet a little smaller, and then liberally apply waterproofing to the stitching. Just a thought and it might be a real bad idea.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

You might also look at the Orvis web site for women's waders. I remember an ad they were running that said their women's waders were designed to fit women. Check this out, it has a sizing chart:
Women's Chest Waders / Women's Silver Sonic Convertible-Top Waders -- Orvis

Old 11-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Custom fit Simms. Worth every penny if they make your wife happy, and mine is.
katriwader likes this.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 12-05-2014, 06:48 AM

katriwader is on a distinguished road

I've got the same problem. I'm also size US8/EU39 but most waders that fit otherwise ok, have wrong sized socks. That's why unsex waders are no option for me either. Did she already try on Patagonia's W's Spring River Waders? I think the cut is awesome and socks are reasonably sized. They should also have petite sizes on those