The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2015, 01:10 PM

bfurbee is on a distinguished road
Default What waders are the best for women?

I'm looking for a pair of womens waders. What kind is best? and why?

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What waders are the best for women?

to the forum.....hope you get some replies from our forum ladies....I guess you can't go wrong with Simms
It would be a good idea to go there:
Member Introductions - The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Old 12-01-2015, 03:24 PM

mridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to behold

I've been a wader for years...can't say that I'm the best for women though. Just ask my wife.
lacanadio likes this.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Orvis advertises that their waders are designed for women:

Quote from their web site: "Over the years, the most common feedback we've received from female anglers is that we haven't offered chest waders that were truly designed for women. Until now. After taking input and suggestions from a large number of female anglers, we started over from scratch and designed a wader built specifically for women. Never again will you have to borrow a pair of waders. We have your size".

Women's Chest Waders / Women's Silver Sonic Convertible-Top Waders -- Orvis

Old 12-01-2015, 05:43 PM

lake flyer is just really nicelake flyer is just really nicelake flyer is just really nicelake flyer is just really nicelake flyer is just really nice

My wife uses the old Orvis Endura bootfoots and Orvis Silver labels with a Chota boot. Because they fit her foot, she is pretty petite but has big feet. DON'T buy cheap waders for her, if she stays dry, warm, and comfortable she will enjoy fishing a lot more, the same for all of us. Her biggest complaint about women specific fly gear are the goofy colors the manufacturers "think" that women want.
mcnerney and mridenour like this.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:16 PM

rgb2_flyfisher is on a distinguished road

I have the L.L. Bean Emerger 2 waders. They are super durable and since the fit is on the larger side, you can wear lots of layers for Winter Steelhead or whatever.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:53 PM

gidva is on a distinguished road

In terms of fit. There is nothing nicer than Patagonia clothing check the new waders they just released. Same name different cut!Women's Waders for Fly Fishing by Patagonia Classy!
Old 12-20-2015, 07:33 PM

Bigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

Howdy!
It's my first time visiting over here with the girls and I'm a bit hesitant about making fashion comments......
...but range of motion is most important in my professional judgement.
(I'm assuming they don't leak.)
Having a little room for some fleece is good too.
A close second consideration.....color.
If you want to sneak up on them......
Click the image to open in full size.

Choose drab.
You can always wear something flashy underneath....
Simms G3s are guide tested. They will last many years, and you can get any size combo you need. But.....go get fitted if at all possible. Then pick your foot up and put it on the chair.... it shouldn't bind at the knee.
Have fun out there.

Jim
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:13 PM

lacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud of

My wife has LLBean kennebecs and loves them. We got lucky on fit...
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:38 PM

marky3130 will become famous soon enoughmarky3130 will become famous soon enough

My wife got a new pair of waders last year. We visited a bunch of places and she tried in a lot of waders. She bought the Orvis Silver Sonic women's waders. The fit was good and she claimed they dealt with the "chest" the best. Her biggest complaint about other waders was the way they don't account for women having a chest. Honestly I don't get it, but she does and that was a big deal to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hardyreels likes this.