The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 07:58 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Let's Hear it for the Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwood View Post
A fishing buddy of mine guides for Spruce Creek Outfitters. Last year he was with some clients and took a quick lunch break at the fly shop. He was standing on the front porch when a big, black SUV pulled up with some big, scary looking guys and an elderly lady and gentleman. The lady gets out and walks up to him, extends her hand and says "Hi, I'm Rosalyn!" My friend had 'no clue' since he's 27, wasn't born in the '70's and didn't pass the part of the history test that listed presidents wives! Her husband turned around, extended his hand and said, "Hi, I'm Jimmy Carter!"

Turns out it was Rosalyn's birthday and she requested a fly-fishing trip on Spruce Creek for her birthday present! Very cool if I say so myself! .....and what flies did they purchase? ............San Juan Worms!
Off topic, if you live by or fish Spruce Creek and you run into a guy that fishes with 'glass and looks like this Click the image to open in full size. Say hi to him from Alan (mojo). He's Mike McFarland. One of the true fiberglass fly rod designers and rod builders of today. A legend among glass aficinados. Brilliant and humble man.
Pro Staff
Old 04-17-2008, 12:20 AM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Let's Hear it for the Women

Will Do!
I get to fish Spruce and the Little J often during the summer. And, since my fishing buddy guides for Alan Bright at Spruce Creek Outfitters, I head over there often during the year. In fact , we were going over last Friday but changed direction at the last moment. The caddis hatch on Yellow Creek (Bedford County) was just too good to pass up. I'm guessing he fishes Spring Creek, Penns Creek and Fishing Creek as well. McFarland - from Bellfonte - I'll remember that. I was a PSU grad as well and my roommate was from Bellfonte!