The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 08:46 AM

tgoodwater2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Oklahoma Smallmouth Rendezvous

Just wondered if any of you women live around oklahoma or going to this event? I am from Nebraska and happen to be going down to this event while I have a little time off from work. They are going to have Fly Tying Demonstrations and a bunch of other things. I have never been to anything like this, so I am looking forward to it!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:47 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oklahoma Smallmouth Rendezvous

I guess the event is already over, how was it? I live in the NE part of Texas, and if it is in the lower area of OK, I could go sometime. I have wanted to try out Broken Bow when the time is right. I would want to go anytime but summer.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 PM

tgoodwater2002 will become famous soon enough

The event was awsome! I had alot of fun and learned alot too! There were alot of fly tyers there tying away. There were a few seminars. A fly casting class for beginners and for advanced casting. Both were taught by a master angler. I can't remember the guys name but he was amazing! I didn't know that there were so many different casting moves. The smallmouth seminar was really informative. I learned a little as to where fish hold in streams. I have never fished in a stream before neither. I learned a new technique to tying my ep-fiber flys. That was the main reason I went down there to see if anyone was tying with that fiber and could show me how they tie that fly. I tie all my ep flys with that method now. Just all around fun! If you get a chance you should try and go next year. I wish I could go to the fly show in Mountain Home, Arkansas. That show is suppose to be the mother of all fly shows down in the south region I think. Don't quote me on that. I only went on that Friday. I then went to the illinois river and caught some smallmouth! That was alot of fun!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:52 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Sounds awesome. Mountain Home is a bit far for me to drive. When my teens grow up and move out I can do that sometime, maybe once a year or so. Sounds like a very informative time you had. Congrats.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:27 AM

foambug is on a distinguished road

this year it will be on the 1st week of may ....i belivie.....just google it you will last years but will give general info an fone #s