The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 05:56 PM

devon flyfisher will become famous soon enoughdevon flyfisher will become famous soon enough
Default Re: double haul

I forgot to say,there is a way you can practice the 'rhythm' at home.
Just attach a zinger to the hook keeper on the bottom section of rod, as you tap forward pull down on the zinger, then let the zinger pull you hands back together same on the back cast, it works a treat but you do look a little silly when your family walk in on you and catch you 'in the act'!
Cheers
Richard
Old 05-31-2008, 11:33 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

what is a zinger???
Old 05-31-2008, 12:37 PM

devon flyfisher will become famous soon enoughdevon flyfisher will become famous soon enough

This is a zinger;
http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product...LAID=153294503
Cheers
Richard
Old 05-31-2008, 11:49 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the idea. The only Zinger I knew of was by Dolly Madison, and it didn't seem to fit what you were talking about...LOL
Old 06-01-2008, 04:19 AM

I just had to look up Dolly Madison zinger, now i see why your signature quote read 'As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!' LOL
Old 06-01-2008, 10:37 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Just a longshot, but did you try your local library? Sometimes they surprise you with the videos they have
Old 06-02-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVON FLYFISHER View Post
I just had to look up Dolly Madison zinger, now i see why your signature quote read 'As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!' LOL

What I meant by my signature was....if I get a bite when I am fishing, I don't want to go home...I may not be catching...but if I get any bites within a reasonable time, I am staying for the long haul....unless my teens are pressuring me to go, which does happen from time to time.

So you see the Zinger meant a cake product to me...lol
Old 06-02-2008, 11:04 AM

My local library has very little in the video dept. If they have anything, it was just put in. I just may have to double check that, thanks for the idea.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:02 PM

onemorecast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkay View Post
My local library has very little in the video dept. If they have anything, it was just put in. I just may have to double check that, thanks for the idea.
Kel -

I sympathize with you on the double haul issue. The videos I found online did nothing to help me figure it out. It's a rhythm thing that I needed to have demonstrated in person to learn. I have no rhythm, so it was tough. Then again, I can't dance either.

Recently, I took a ladies casting class at the NJ Fly Fishing show and asked the instructor (Kathy Beck) to teach me during the class. I got the hang of it and practiced a little, but I find little use for it unless I'm casting on a pond and the only pond I can fish regularly has no backcast space! The only thing I can suggest is to see if someone can teach you in person. May a local TU or fishing club - surely there must be other fly fishers you can ask. I would hope most anyone would be happy to help you out in exchange for a case of beer or some flies or something. Good luck, whatever you decide.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 AM

tvaughan is on a distinguished road
Re: double haul

hi,

itunes rocks the music worlds,
Click the image to open in full size.