The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Ladies Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/)
-   -   sure is quiet on here (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/4727-sure-quiet-here.html)

kelkay 06-18-2008 11:30 PM

sure is quiet on here

I guess everybody is fishing and working a lot. I have been fishing for a multi-species contest. Thank goodness it is over this Saturday. I'm wore out. So far I have caught 17 different varieties since the contest started. (all but one have been an hour or less away...one place was an hour and a half) The contest is freshwater in the state of Tx only. Do any of you have such a contest in your areas/states? This was my first and last year I think. It was good, learned a lot. But I am competitive, and the gas prices are wearing me out. I want to stay in the top ten, and that requires fishing more than normal. :icon_cool

tgoodwater2002 06-20-2008 10:21 PM

Re: sure is quiet on here

Speaking for myself, I have been fishing alot and tying flies with the club I belong to. I am keeping pretty busy enjoying the weather.

kelkay 06-20-2008 10:45 PM

:) I guess most people are enjoying the warm weather. I however cannot deal with the heat in the summer where I live. Summer is the time I do the least fishing of all. I have fished a lot up until now. Yes, I think it is time to kick back and tie some flies myself. I cannot tolerate close to 90 deg and up like I used to. What kind of fishing do you do?

tgoodwater2002 06-21-2008 10:06 PM

I live in Nebraska. I hasn't got up to 90 yet. Been pretty nice here besides all the t-storms and tornado's we have been dealing with. I fish for mainly bass, bluegill, and crappie. We have alot of lakes around here. I have only fished in a stream once. Tonight I just got home from the lake and I caught about 30 bluegill on a purple wooly bugger. I love fly fishing. :icon_razz

kelkay 07-16-2008 12:15 PM

A purple woolly bugger, who would of thought...what color was the water, clear...stained?
I went fishing early this morn, and caught a few sunfish. One was a great sized, and gorgeous longear sunfish. It was by far the biggest longear I have ever seen. It was probably a record, but I didn't want to fool with it. (getting it weighed and all that) It was just too hot, and I didn't want to stress the fish.

Joni 07-21-2008 10:47 AM

I am going to add, I have caught several fish on PURPLE. In the Uinta's a Purple Cripple is deadly and on the streams a Purple Pupa is killer.

tgoodwater2002 07-21-2008 02:06 PM

the water where I fish is stained and has a greenish color to it. It was solid overcast and getting ready to storm. I tried purple the next night and it was sunny and no hits. I was in the same exact spot as the night before.

Frank Whiton 07-21-2008 02:50 PM

Hi to all,

Two of my favorite flies for Rainbows in Alaska was the purple Wooly Bugger or the egg sucking leech in purple. I think it is a great color in clear water.

Frank

nikki 01-31-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgoodwater2002 (Post 29014)
I live in Nebraska. I hasn't got up to 90 yet. Been pretty nice here besides all the t-storms and tornado's we have been dealing with. I fish for mainly bass, bluegill, and crappie. We have alot of lakes around here. I have only fished in a stream once. Tonight I just got home from the lake and I caught about 30 bluegill on a purple wooly bugger. I love fly fishing. :icon_razz

Hello ladies-

I am new here, coming to you from PA where it was -8 this morning when I woke up. Needless to say, you guys are making me really jealous talking about warm weather. I can't even think of fly fishing at this moment. Good luck with the contests..

Nik