The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 11:30 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default sure is quiet on here

I guess everybody is fishing and working a lot. I have been fishing for a multi-species contest. Thank goodness it is over this Saturday. I'm wore out. So far I have caught 17 different varieties since the contest started. (all but one have been an hour or less away...one place was an hour and a half) The contest is freshwater in the state of Tx only. Do any of you have such a contest in your areas/states? This was my first and last year I think. It was good, learned a lot. But I am competitive, and the gas prices are wearing me out. I want to stay in the top ten, and that requires fishing more than normal.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 PM

tgoodwater2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: sure is quiet on here

Speaking for myself, I have been fishing alot and tying flies with the club I belong to. I am keeping pretty busy enjoying the weather.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:45 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I guess most people are enjoying the warm weather. I however cannot deal with the heat in the summer where I live. Summer is the time I do the least fishing of all. I have fished a lot up until now. Yes, I think it is time to kick back and tie some flies myself. I cannot tolerate close to 90 deg and up like I used to. What kind of fishing do you do?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:06 PM

I live in Nebraska. I hasn't got up to 90 yet. Been pretty nice here besides all the t-storms and tornado's we have been dealing with. I fish for mainly bass, bluegill, and crappie. We have alot of lakes around here. I have only fished in a stream once. Tonight I just got home from the lake and I caught about 30 bluegill on a purple wooly bugger. I love fly fishing.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM

A purple woolly bugger, who would of thought...what color was the water, clear...stained?
I went fishing early this morn, and caught a few sunfish. One was a great sized, and gorgeous longear sunfish. It was by far the biggest longear I have ever seen. It was probably a record, but I didn't want to fool with it. (getting it weighed and all that) It was just too hot, and I didn't want to stress the fish.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to add, I have caught several fish on PURPLE. In the Uinta's a Purple Cripple is deadly and on the streams a Purple Pupa is killer.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:06 PM

the water where I fish is stained and has a greenish color to it. It was solid overcast and getting ready to storm. I tried purple the next night and it was sunny and no hits. I was in the same exact spot as the night before.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi to all,

Two of my favorite flies for Rainbows in Alaska was the purple Wooly Bugger or the egg sucking leech in purple. I think it is a great color in clear water.

Frank
Old 01-31-2010, 06:03 PM

nikki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgoodwater2002 View Post
I live in Nebraska. I hasn't got up to 90 yet. Been pretty nice here besides all the t-storms and tornado's we have been dealing with. I fish for mainly bass, bluegill, and crappie. We have alot of lakes around here. I have only fished in a stream once. Tonight I just got home from the lake and I caught about 30 bluegill on a purple wooly bugger. I love fly fishing.
Hello ladies-

I am new here, coming to you from PA where it was -8 this morning when I woke up. Needless to say, you guys are making me really jealous talking about warm weather. I can't even think of fly fishing at this moment. Good luck with the contests..

Nik