The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 06:43 AM

hairsearnymph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hairsearnymph
Default greetings from Georgia!

Hey everyone! I am new to this site and would love to dive right in and get to know you all! I am the proud wife of an Army Man with 5yrs until retirement! I also have the extra extra overflowing pride that comes from having a wonderful 10yr old son! I've been fishing with my husband for 12yrs and he has just in the last few years turned me to flyfishing. We tie our own flies too and as you can see from my name the hairs ear nymph is my favorite for non-stop bluegill and crappie action! How about you all? What's going on in the flyfishing world with the women?

Old 07-15-2008, 09:29 AM

FlyGal has a spectacular aura aboutFlyGal has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: greetings from Georgia!

Hiya HEN...

Great to have more women join the board....In the North East it's all about cold water tributaries for the major rivers, especially in the mountains of NH. I've been chasing wild brookies in skinny water for the past week and plan to do more. Ahhhh, wet wading season!!! Gotta love it!

Welcome aboard Finsistah
Old 07-15-2008, 10:27 PM

WANTONJ is on a distinguished road
Re: greetings from Georgia!

Welcome, I am also new to this forum,myWife Diane loves to fish,she has not tried Fly Fishing yet but knowing her it wont be too long, we are lucky we have an acre pond stocked with Bass Bluegil and Red Ear,we fish when we can,during the summer it is a little too hot can get around 100 to 114 degrees,fishing in the Winter,Fall,Spring is much better,I also like the Hairs Ear Nymph the one with the gold bead,I use a little strike float off our dock,you can have a ball catching Bluegil on a light Fly Rod,I hope you enjoy your fishing,I pray for your Husbands safe return,have a good and safe day.
Captain Wayne Valley Fire Service.Calif.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:33 AM

Well she will love it! I believe that women are coming to flyfishing because it is a beautiful way to fish. Such fluid and graceful movements make it feel like it isn't such a man sport. I hope she loves it as much as we all do! Thanks for the kind words as well I hope my husband comes home soon too! Not expected until January '09!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:22 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I am pretty new to this forum as well. Glad to have you onboard. Your husband's service to his country is much appreciated. I am a navy vet myself. It is much too hot now to fish unless it is early morn, or late in the evening, where I live in NE Tx. I wish our summer temps were a little kinder. I fish fall, winter, and spring frequently. Once summer hits, I don't get out nearly as often. I am tying flies to stock up for when the weather is better. I do warm water fishing. This fall I plan to go after trout in Broken Bow, Ok. Wish I could go to the Northwest and go trout fishing, but that is not possible at this time. One of these days, I will head on out there.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:59 AM

We were stationed at Ft. Hood in Texas so I know what you mean by hot summers! We did the same thing either early in the morning or we waited until fall and spring.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:14 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I am ready for fall weather.......already. Yes Texas has some incredible heat. The humidity is what really gets ya. Too bad you aren't closer to me, we could go fly fishing together. I am in the Tyler/Longview area.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:20 AM

WANTONJ is on a distinguished road
Re: greetings from Georgia!

I went out to the pond yesterday afternoon to fish but way too hot,not one bite,I think I will try the mornings a little cooler,we put a few Cat Fish in about 3 months ago,at the end of the dock we have a feeding ring made from pvc pipe,we throw floating fish food in the ring and you should see the large amount of fish that come to feed,they always come up no matter what , I think they are like programmed for an easy meal, even the Cat Fish come up which are a bottom feeder,my son is out there fly fishing with a streamer about a month ago and locks into two of those Cat Fish,the two fish are about 4 lbs each and what a fight for a 6 wt fly rod ,it took him about 5 min to land those each,I was surprised that a Cat Fish would hit a streamer but I guess anything is possible,it is 4 am here and I think I will go fishing,goodby for now.have a good and safe day.
Captain Wayne Valley Fire Service.Valley Springs Calif.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome. I am sorry it took me so long to get here, but it is summer and I do have to go away for days at a time.
Nice to have another woman on board here and love to hear more.
I live in Utah so have water in every direction, but was born and raised in Idaho so I get the calling from there also. I do throw Montana into the mix. LOL
Old 07-22-2008, 07:35 AM

thanks for the warm greeting....i lived in Idaho for 3months....when i was 2yrs old...does that count? lol.....I hear the fishing is great out there wish i could go!